Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,
another rule question came up yesterday.

Certain event cards allow you to play two resource-cards and re-order the story-cards. Does that mean that you don't even have to pay plot points for these cards (what makes these event cards really strong, I think) or do they just allow you to play resource cards in your turn instead of playing them in the planning phase but you have to pay for them? Would make sense if you just got plot points in your turn due to a support ability and really need allies for the next fight.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've the feeling that there may be a "lost in translation" problem involved here - those cards (eg. J. Jameson) allow you to DRAW not PLAY two Resource cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Roberto,
I own the German version of the game, there the cards say I can PLAY them.
DRAW would make more sense, so it's a normal story action with drawing two instead of one card? Too bad, there are translation errors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Pietraszak
Germany
Aachen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering the same thing. Thanks.

And while I'm here: there are event cards named "Erstaunliche Energien" ("Incredible Energies" or something like that, don't know the exact name in the English version) that enable me to activate the Support Power (again, not certain if that's the term) of a ready, supporting hero.
AFAIK a hero can be either ready or supporting, not both. Guess it means the supporting power of a ready hero. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Nepitello
Italy
Venezia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyspeck23 wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. Thanks.

And while I'm here: there are event cards named "Erstaunliche Energien" ("Incredible Energies" or something like that, don't know the exact name in the English version) that enable me to activate the Support Power (again, not certain if that's the term) of a ready, supporting hero.
AFAIK a hero can be either ready or supporting, not both. Guess it means the supporting power of a ready hero. Right?

Exactly. We spotted this during the demo at Essen. I hoped it was the only mistake.

Francesco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Francesco Nepitello wrote:
I hoped it was the only mistake.

Apparently it was not. Seems to me like "Heidelberger Spieleverlag" did the German translation in a hurry to finish it for the Essen fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Nepitello
Italy
Venezia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schmoove_de wrote:
Francesco Nepitello wrote:
I hoped it was the only mistake.

Apparently it was not. Seems to me like "Heidelberger Spieleverlag" did the German translation in a hurry to finish it for the Essen fair.

Well, actually we had a very good translator, that for example pointed out many mistakes in the original rules (we were able to correct them, thanks to him). Unfortunately, the German version (as the Greek, and others) can be read only by the German-reading editors, while the English one is read by all of us. So, more eyes can catch more mistakes.

Francesco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well it's just those two mistakes and a little typo on another card, so it's not such a big deal. But maybe Heidelberger Spieleverlag will send out corrected cards sometime in the future, I will ask them about it.

BTW Francesco, it's a great game, full of fun, tactics and a lot of theme, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Nepitello
Italy
Venezia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schmoove_de wrote:
BTW Francesco, it's a great game, full of fun, tactics and a lot of theme, thank you!

Thank you very much! And thanks a lot to everyone that partecipated in the demo games in Essen. Unfortunately my voice was broken since the second day, so I demoed a bit less than usual, but I met a lot of great gamers anyway.

Francesco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver G.
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can someone please clarify the "Helden sammeln" (Gather heroes) card? We have no clue how this should be handled.

PS: Fantastic game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.