Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My local shop is holding a constructed event where the teams have to be matching team affiliations (banning Gobby and Tsarina). Here is what I plan on running. Can anyone come up with a better team with those restrictions?

4 Ant-Man: Biophysicist UXM 035
2 Black Widow: Killer Instinct AvX 100
2 Captain America: Natural Leader AvX 005
4 Falcon: Samuel Wilson UXM 042
3 Hawkeye: Longbow AvX 046
2 Hulk: Green Goliath AvX 077
3 Scarlet Witch: Unity Squad UXM 114

http://www.dicemastersdb.com/team-builder/v1/#1335-4;1186-2;...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Zamora
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
banning Gobby and Tsarina is not the best for Affiliation Team. Give some advantage of this type to a X-Men team makes them unstoppable. I would like banning Storm or Beast, poor X-Men then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sias Mey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also kinda messed up that you cant bring patch with an avengers team.

What are your plans around basic actions? smash maybe to combo with killer instinct along with .... thrown car maybe? Or gearing up since you wont have many other ways of ramping.

I suspect X-Men are going to be a bit hectic compared to Avengers. Since they have all the ramp and all the mask characters.

On that.... Maybe consider taking Vision, a big blocker that spins up might be good. Does the avenger antman have his global?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For your actions I would bring Force Beam and Smash. I Think I would try fit Iron Man in.

Without Nick pulling off an Avengers team against a X-Men team is going to be very hard. They out mask the crap out of you and will be able to PXG ramp far better than you, and they have some heavy hitters now too. The only thing going for you is that Cerebro is not allowed either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Force Beam shouldn't be needed with Hulk Green Goliath in play. Beast might be a bit of a problem which is why I included Hawkeye Longbow to snipe him. I'm not really worried about the pxg ramp as I can take advantage of it pretty well even without mask characters. Between Antman and Falcon to race and Green Goliath to close I don't see much stopping this team.

What X-Men team configuration do you think would give this team trouble?

Distraction
Gearing Up
4 Shadow Cat Ariel
4 beast 666
2 Colossus piotr
1 Prof X Trainer
3 Storm Windrider
2 Angel Air Transport
4 Iceman Mister Friese

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sias Mey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thats a bit of a strange team actually.

Iceman and Kitty pride do well when they can attack... But distraction will stop them. Then it goes into hard control with Storm and beast + Colossus.

That said... I suppose the win condition is simple... buy beast, pxg, buy storms again and again and eventually use colossus to close out the game.

Things that could give it trouble...

I would say flying sidekicks could... but since its single affiliation so falcon is out that severely limits that teams possibilities. Maybe somebody going for Cyclops ILCK early after huge ramp could be anoying. Since there isnt much here to kill the opponent early if the chance presents itself.

A lot of the normal scary characters are actually un affiliated it seems. Huh, interesting to think about. Punisher ... no, tsarina could hurt, Kitty pride rushdown could hurt, since it forces you to use distractions which could break your ramp and seriously slow down lategame. Somebody running cerebro super computer to slow down the beast wall and make you rely on beast for ramp might be a problem as well.

Gotta say, just xmen or avengers kinda screws up the normal counters to a lot of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.