BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Help me remember this game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
norm t
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi all, and thanks for being here Over the years I've read reviews here from time to time while fondly remembering old games I used to play, but never made an account! Well, I've remedied THAT, at least

I've searched the board and I've searched Google using every keyword I can think of, and I admit defeat... I cannot find a certain game I used to play! cry

So here's the game, as best as I can remember: it was made in England and was a simple game featuring classic British cars. The idea was to somehow get all the pieces of each car. Each car was made of stiff cardboard and featured a photo of the side of a car in landscape orientation, and each car was cut into three pieces with alternating convex & concave cuts so that it was impossible to put them together incorrectly. The 'assembled' cars were probably about the size of an iphone or maybe slightly taller.

I played this game in the early to mid 1980's, but I think the game itself might have been from the 1970's and the cars themselves were probably from the 60's and maybe 70's.

The game I has was probably missing the rules, or I was too much of a rebel to read them, so I have no clue how the gameplay worked

I seem to recall that there was a single 6-sided die included, or possibly two, but I could be mis-remembering something else there.

What else am I forgetting to describe? Ah, the box wasn't your standard large rectangular box, as there was no playing board. I recall it being squarish and not too large or deep.

I appreciate any clues the hive mind here might give!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rood Bird
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is the one you mean but I had the British Spears edition in the 1970s as a kid.

Car Capers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norm t
United States
California
flag msg tools
Oh my goodness, I think that's it!

Thank you, Rood Bird!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rood Bird
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome. It was a great trip down memory lane for me too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.