Subject: Episode 70: Star Trek (1979) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you feeling ambitious? Perhaps..."Enterprise"-ing? Then you'll want to download this episode as the panel returns to the Final Frontier for the Star Trek Game from 1979! We fire up our warp engines (with entirely randomized controls) and race each-other to be the best space diplomats/Gorn punchers by completing secret missions. Do we have the guts, nay, the "Bones" to rise to the top of the Federation ranks? Plus, in the Battle of Wits, we make up a bunch of stuff.

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2015/02/episode-70-star-tr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you happen to remember what episode of Ludology the interview is in?

Interesting that one of you picks games in part due to wanting to track down the origins of modern mechanics, because I recall a roll and move (SURPRISE!) game from my childhood, published in 1989 according to the Geek, which had asymetric player powers. Well, I say 'powers' - most of them restricted your options. While I recognise Cosmic Encounter got there first, if that sounds interesting, hunt down the game Bread - And, yes, it is based on a long lasting British sit-com.

...And I was expecting the episode where O'Brian is adopted by a computer virus/dog thing which causes systems to fail whenever Miles wasn't on the Command Deck to force him to go back there for both the 'everyone gets trolled' and 'Miles suffers'... Well, that or the episode where O'Brian's daughter gets trapped in a parrallel time stream and comes out 60 years later in about 5 minutes time there... Or the episode listed for Miles suffers. But, as you put it, 'Miles suffers' just about sums up any episode that spent a significant part of it focusing on O'Brian. Or Bashire, since somehow Bashire tended to drag O'Brian into situations where he suffered. I think at least once the suffering was 'putting up with whiny Bashire while inside Bashire's own brain while Bashire was dying while trying to talk Bashire into not giving up on life while a part of his subconscious tries to convince him to do so' but I must be confusing a couple of episodes there, surely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sessoms
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I'm a Super Genius, but not in the style of Mark Madden, Local sports idiot.
mbmbmbmbmb
What was the episode of TNG that was absolutely terrible?

Edit: After listening further I think I know which one.. and yeah that was terrible, but I thought you were talking about the clip show!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt franz
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Cardboard Carnage Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh oh oh you missed a golden opportunity my fiends. How many times did you mention Con when talking about star trek and cons.....How did no one do the famous COOOOONNNNN. I was waiting for it each time and nothing lol maybe next time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Board Game
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gizensha wrote:

Interesting that one of you picks games in part due to wanting to track down the origins of modern mechanics, because I recall a roll and move (SURPRISE!) game from my childhood, published in 1989 according to the Geek, which had asymetric player powers. Well, I say 'powers' - most of them restricted your options. While I recognise Cosmic Encounter got there first, if that sounds interesting, hunt down the game Bread - And, yes, it is based on a long lasting British sit-com.

...And I was expecting the episode where O'Brian is adopted by a computer virus/dog thing which causes systems to fail whenever Miles wasn't on the Command Deck to force him to go back there for both the 'everyone gets trolled' and 'Miles suffers'... Well, that or the episode where O'Brian's daughter gets trapped in a parrallel time stream and comes out 60 years later in about 5 minutes time there... Or the episode listed for Miles suffers. But, as you put it, 'Miles suffers' just about sums up any episode that spent a significant part of it focusing on O'Brian. Or Bashire, since somehow Bashire tended to drag O'Brian into situations where he suffered. I think at least once the suffering was 'putting up with whiny Bashire while inside Bashire's own brain while Bashire was dying while trying to talk Bashire into not giving up on life while a part of his subconscious tries to convince him to do so' but I must be confusing a couple of episodes there, surely?

Hey Stephen,

The episode is called Gray's Ludology it is episode 75.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
debiant wrote:
Gizensha wrote:

Hey Stephen,

The episode is called Gray's Ludology it is episode 75.

Cheers for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt franz
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Cardboard Carnage Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
When O'Brien suffers who really does the suffering.....I think it's us whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.