Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the latest update FFP wanted to know which world players would be most excited to adventure in. Here are the choices and descriptions provided:

1. The Targa Plateau - an ancient abandoned city on an alien world that is now frozen over in an epic ice age

2. Swamps of Jargono - a murky swamp world in another dimension, ruled by savage Serpentmen and feral creatures

3. Trederra – a planet engulfed in war – they are a slightly higher technology level than our Cowboy Heroes – akin to WWI on Earth

4. Caverns of Cynder – underground chambers of molten lava and alien platforms and statues, overrun by fiery demons and Lava Men

5. Blasted Wastes – inhospitable wasteland of sulfurous desert and canyons, littered with crashed hulks of rusted spaceships and pools of aqua blue acid.

6. Derelict Ship – an immense starship, cruising through space with no one at the helm. Sentry Droids continue whirring through the halls, removing intruders. Much darker forces have infested the shadows.

The Other Worlds I would most like to see are the Plateau first, and the Swamp second. We already have the basic content for both worlds, but I want to see these two fully detailed and fleshed out, so we can experience them at their full capacity, before Flying Frog moves on to any other worlds.

The Other World I'd be most excited to adventure in, however, would probably be Trederra, since I've been intrigued by the different Tederran army models we've seen so far, especially the Marshal, and I'm eager to fight foes with ranged attacks (I have yet to face the Pylons).

What about the rest of you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kell zilla
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am stupid excited about the Derelict Ship because I loves me some western/space opera (see: Firefly), and then add weird west to that? I'm totally on board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Ruiz
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
6. Derelict Ship – an immense starship, cruising through space with no one at the helm. Sentry Droids continue whirring through the halls, removing intruders. Much darker forces have infested the shadows.

When I got the game I thought "Space Hulk."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it's the first two as well and there I slightly prefer the swamps. I just prefer the green and warm color-palate of the swamps to the frozen cold color palate of the plateau. Moreover jungle temples always seemed much more interesting to me than icetemples.

Additionally if the base games are any indication of the universes, imo the swamp-theme leads itself to much cooler monstertypes than the plateau.

Sadly I think the other themes may get a bit too campy. Not that I mind campiness, but I think it should be handled with caution. Then again they could easily flesh them out a bit differently and maybe change the colorpalate to more atmospheric colorcombination that doesn't have the high contrasts I expect of 4-6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin T
msg tools
Are these actual expansions that are happening? Like, Swamps and City of Ancients are already available but these are coming too? In giant ass boxes with all the bits like the already available ones? Is this 'update' from FFP from the Kickstarter? You'll have to forgive my ignorance in the matter,I found out about this game through.. I don't even remember, bought a copy and we've been playing it as much as we can. So I have no idea what the background is and what may come.

To answer the question:

Trederra or Derelict ship.

Both of those sound super appealing.

Probably the ship though because the juxtaposition between wild west and space ship is just too awesome to pass up!

But WW1 is so damn appealing.

Derelict Ship to start, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it is Trederra. The art they have previewed for this world looks awesome. I also find WWI extremely fascinating, and a chance to take my marshal adventuring there is over the top cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Put me down for Derelict Ship. I didn't pick it up, but I will when it hits retail.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Trederra is probably the one I find most interesting but I'm excited for all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kell zilla
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doos wrote:
Are these actual expansions that are happening? Like, Swamps and City of Ancients are already available but these are coming too? In giant ass boxes with all the bits like the already available ones? Is this 'update' from FFP from the Kickstarter? You'll have to forgive my ignorance in the matter,I found out about this game through.. I don't even remember, bought a copy and we've been playing it as much as we can. So I have no idea what the background is and what may come.

All of these are other worlds laid out in the Kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-b...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trederra for sure, that's the one I most look forward to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Doos wrote:
Are these actual expansions that are happening?

Yes. Though they will probably be in boxes about half the size of the starters [Since they are coming as far as we know with figures for only 1 enemy type (Lava men for Cynder, Legionnaires for Tredarra, Raiders for the Wastes, and Necronauts for the Vostros.), though the Vostros has Sentry guns as a counter based enemy like the Pylons and Corpse Piles.] The current expectation is these will come with Missions, Encounter Cards, Artefacts, etc.

There is also an Expanded Town set that comes with Bandits and appears to include Missions or Encounters on a Town Map.

There are also sets of extra Encounter and Artifact cards for the worlds we've know of so far. Fire and Brimstone (Cynder Encounters), Murky Confrontations (Jargono Encounters), Ancient Terrors (Targa Encounters), Dark Omens (Mine Encounters) Blood Money (Mine Encounters), Treasures of the Void (Mine Artifacts), Dead Man's Bounty (Mine Gear), Badlands Expedition (Mine Mixed set), No Mans Land (Tredarra Encounters), Burning Sands (Wastes Encounters), The Captain's Log (Vostros Encounters), Ghosts of the Damned (Undead themed encounters) plus a set of new Artefact Cards for each Otherworld.

Then there are Mission Packs that include an New Enemy, Missions to deal with them, extra shopping items and loot and a Lair tile for them. (Vampires, Werewolves, Succubi, Santa Anna's Undead Army, The Cult of the Red Hand).

Nine More Hero types (Gambler, Shamen, Jargono Tribal Warrior, Doctor, Cowboy, Wandering Samurai, Orphan, Prospector, Drifter)

Each of the worlds will be getting separate additional Enemies

Targa - Custodian Robots, Guardian Robot, Trun Hunters
Jargono - Serpent Men Warriors, Serpent Men Shamen, Raptor,
Cynder - Beli'al
Tredarra - Raiders, Z4 Grenediers, Mutants, Field Marshall
Wastes - Teralisk,
Vostros - BEACON Drones, Flesh Stalker

plus Colonel Scafford, Sand Kraken, Burrower, Ancient One, Dark Stone Brutes, Black Fang Tribe, Hell Cannon And Crew, Void Sorcerors, Undead Gunslinger, Void Hounds, Scafford Gang, Undead Outlaw Gang, Scourge Rats, Harvestors, Darkstone Hydra, Tribal Ghost Warriors.

And there are Allies coming eventually (Pack Mule, Faithful Dog, Henchmen, Blacksmith)

These are planned to hit retail or FFP's webshop over the next three to five years and are currently down for Kickstarter delivery by the first quarter of next year.

There are two more Otherworlds that aren't yet on the schedule since we didn't unlock them in the Kickstarter.

Belly of the Beast - Adventuring inside a living dungeon.

Hell Train - An alternative campaign style set on board a train.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Put me down for Derelict Ship. I didn't pick it up, but I will when it hits retail.

-shnar

Derelict Ship. Totally.
I've always been hooked on SciFi movies where an unwary crew stumbles upon a (seemingly) empty old ghost ship drifting through space. It's kind of like a high-tech haunted house type of thing.
Alien, Event Horizon and movies kind of like that. So yeah, I'm all in for the Derelict Ship.

A close second is Cynder. It's Hell. I'm guessing it's pretty lethal to visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blasted Wastes sounds pretty interesting. So does Caverns of Cynder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean M
Canada
flag msg tools
Cynder sounds awesome, kinda like the caves in Diablo I. But I still want the giant spider robots of doom to wander targa even though it has the same amount of enemies it just feels more desolate and forlorn than Jorongo idk why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One and Only Noir
Germany
Walldürn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Derelict Ship! I haven't heared of that Other World 'till today and now I can't wait for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clasing
msg tools
mb
Cynder and the Derelict Ship.

I think Cynder can really be a terrifying dive into hell. As the "GM" for our group, I look forward to having tons of appropriate surroundings: music, lighting, etc.

I think the ship will be cool because it's such a different setting from the mines. The oddness will really make it out of the ordinary.

Then, when it comes, the Train.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother's vote definitely goes to the Derelict Ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I'd bring this back up to the top for anyone who still wanted to register their preference, though it seems the Derelict Ship is the clear winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.