Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been slowly putting together my print and play version of Conan. Tonight I finished my Book of Skelos. It could definitely be prettier, but it gets the job done.

The finished product. You can see in the background that I've been digging through my old Mage Knight miniatures for suitable proxies to use with the final Conan PnP. The Book of Skelos is made of two pieces of black foam core board glued together, with cuts in the top piece for the Overlord tiles and the gem zones.

The Overlord tiles are printed on regular paper, glued (with rubber cement) to foam core and then cut with a ruler and X-Acto blade.

The gems I've had for years. They come in handy from time to time as replacements for game components. I originally bought them to replace the currency tokens for my Avalon Hill copy of Nexus Ops. These ones are pretty big but they work nicely in the Book of Skelos. I've got smaller ones to use for the hero cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fulger Glimmerdieck
msg tools
This looks awesome! I will add this link to my vid!
Thanks for the good idea, i like it a lot :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Griffin
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
It could definitely be prettier, but it gets the job done.

Yours is WAY prettier than mine:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's a shot of my quick and dirty dice mod. I used a gold paint marker to show hits. It's pretty ugly, but it's better than referring to the dice conversion chart after every roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Tufvesson
Sweden
flag msg tools
I've been wondering, does the cost for activation change in different scenarios? If not, why are there tokens with numbers and not numbers printed on the Book of Skelos itself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mithroth wrote:
I've been wondering, does the cost for activation change in different scenarios? If not, why are there tokens with numbers and not numbers printed on the Book of Skelos itself?

That's a good question. They definitely designed it to be modular, so things like the number of gems that the Overlord gets back each turn can change, and the quick actions he has access to might change. I wouldn't be surprised if there are scenarios where the activation costs are changed or possibly even removed until a certain event happens. This is purely speculation, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
Here's a shot of my quick and dirty dice mod.

Would painting over the white pips with red acrylic paint (or paint pen) work? Ingenious solution! (Ignore this post if the white pips are important.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
pkreynolds wrote:
Here's a shot of my quick and dirty dice mod.

Would painting over the white pips with red acrylic paint (or paint pen) work? Ingenious solution! (Ignore this post if the white pips are important.)

Yep, that was one idea I had, but it would have necessitated buying three colors of paint pens instead of just one. It would have looked better, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
finished the designs for a 3D printed version of the Book of Skelos
https://www.tinkercad.com/things/jPlBoG0h0Gz-book-of-skelos

Just have to cut into parts to print on my Replicator 2

If you want one for yourself you can download the file from Tinkercad and print it out yourself or is you do not have a 3D printer then you are free to upload to shapeways and have them print you one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.