Subject: 4+ players variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Ringlstetter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

does anyone of you have a good idea, of how to play Z15 with more than 4 people, without making it too easy or chaotic?

As we thought about it, the only idea was to simply increase the number of zombies, like all tiles start with 1 or 2 (1 for 5 players, 2 for 6 players) more zombies and when zombies spawn you simply add 1 or 2 to the drawn card. But I'm not really convinced of that variant...

Any suggestions for cooler variants are welcome... zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thomson
msg tools
Adding more zombies wouldn't work well, primarily because it destroys the entire weapon power economy. The starting weapons are very specifically designed to allow you to blow throw multiple spaces very quickly, allowing players to leave the gate at a full sprint. It's only when you run out of your noiseless murder-makers that you start scrambling for something new, and usually those guns and such you find just aren't as good as what you started with.

I mean, imagine if you happened across a shovel, or a golf club, and move onto an untouched space. You could spend your entire turn attacking without even being able to clear an entire square! Outside a zombie growl situation, that's absolute madness, and will only slow players down enough that the ACTUAL zombie growls will pretty much indefinitely prevent player progress.

As for actual ideas of my own . . . maybe reduce starting weapon durability by one? That's completely untested bullshit straight from the top of my head, which may be as bad or worse than the extra zombie idea, but hey, it's all I've got. Now someone else step in here and tell me why I'm wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hardset
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I am about to test this one out myself. I will be playing a 5 man game. Here is my thoughts.

I think as stated earlier, putting more zombies on is not the best way. However, I think the best way to do it, is by NOT playing the premade senerios. The game suggests that when you make a quick play map for 4 people, you should use 17-20 tiles. For a group of 5, Build your own layout with at least 20-30 tiles. This makes time the big contender. Having more people makes it easy to blast away the zombies. But, getting through a bigger map makes it more time consuming. And that is the bigger challenge to balance it out. Throw in a couple of locked gates, make your selves find a set of keys or two. Basically make the time your enemy. Because searching for weapons will eventually deplete, making it harder to fend off zombies and tougher to survive the longer road ahead. Let me know how this sounds. I'd feed back on my idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.