Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Mackie
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An evil, evil game of deduction with imperfect information.
Brad’s frighteningly realistic camel impressions made the playing of this all the more compelling. I was also reminded by him of the Andy Summers instrumental piece Behind My Camel, a track from the mid-career Police album Zenyatta Mondatta. But I digress...

The first set of "camel robbery" info cards I was dealt told me that positions 2 and 5 of the star column were going to be robbed. So I chose my first camel movement to slide into slot 1 of that column. However, Richard moved immediately before me, and took this safe space for himself. The logical choice was therefore to move the camel to the only "free" alternative (position 1 of the adjacent column), even though there was a likelihood this spot too would be robbed.
Things went downhill from there, with nearly all of my first choices taken by players moving ahead of me. Before the end of the first round I realised I was facing the prospect of a theft, or forced loss, from all five of my camels.
And woe, for this did come to pass.

In the second round of placements I took some further hits, although not quite as bad as in the first. In the third and fourth rounds my losses "normalised", and actually looked quite respectable compared to everyone else. In comparison, both Brad and Al suffered heavily, especially in the last turn. As a result Brad managed to snatch the indignity of last place from me, and Al slipped to third place from a likely first.

Did I mention that this was an evil game?
12 mins rules explan; 75 minutes playing time; 4 rounds.
Results: Pat: 122. Richard: 121. Alex: 108. Paul: 93. Brad: 82.

(Originally posted at www.themineshaftgap.com.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.