Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Carver
United Kingdom
Cobham
Surrey, UK
flag msg tools
designer
Firstly I have to say that I have not yet played this game. But I have read the rules and because certain statements in them puzzled me I referred back to the Italian (assuming that because the game was invented and published by Italians, these would be the correct version). I discovered there were a number of mistakes in the English translation and I list them below.

p.19 Preparation A line has been missed out. You should add:
Each player is given an Exit Tile. Any unused Exit Tiles are put back in the box.
Then the line that tells you to “Place the 4 Krumble Counters . . .” should read:
Place the 3 Krumble Counters.

p.21 Exit The line that says “When an Explorer is on Exit Tile he can choose to have a Movement Turn to get into the car” should read:
When an Explorer is on an Exit Tile he can only exit to the Car on his Movement Turn.

p.23 Idols The paragraph that says “Until an explorer possesses an idol he can spend the skill points that are on the idol board . . ..” should read:
Every time an Explorer is in possession of an Idol he can, starting with the following Movement Turn, pay the ‘exit cost’ of a Tile either from his own stock or from those on the corresponding Idol board, or a mixture of the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
A couple of additional unclear items - one of which I think I understand.

p.21 Obstacles on Temple Tile with Explorers
If the explorer fails the die roll, but doesn't have the necessary skill points to pay for the obstacle...what happens?

p.22 Temple CollapseThe paragraphs that starts "5 to 6 explorers" but then transitions to "3 to 4 players":
I believe the intention is that the collapse is set by the number of explorers (not ghosts) still in the temple, not the number of players in the game. Therefore as players exit (or become ghosts), the temple collapses faster.

Finally - unless I miss it, I assume that more than one explorer can occupy the same temple tile (other than during initial set-up). And I assume that one explorer can in fact have both idols.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kowalewski
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
From reading the English rules and the reviews about Krumble, I have this question. Can two explorers start in the same tile at the initial start of the game? If there are only 5 tiles in a six player game it seems that two would have to start on the same tile. The English rules say no more than two explorers per tile at the start of the game, but the reviews say only on explorer per tile. Which is correct?
Thanks
SteadyTeddy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika Porkka
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
SteadyTeddy wrote:
From reading the English rules and the reviews about Krumble, I have this question. Can two explorers start in the same tile at the initial start of the game? If there are only 5 tiles in a six player game it seems that two would have to start on the same tile. The English rules say no more than two explorers per tile at the start of the game, but the reviews say only on explorer per tile. Which is correct?
Thanks
SteadyTeddy

At the start of the game there can be just two explorers per tile. Later in the game there can be several explorers per tile. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Mika

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.