Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sami Saarela
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone please post a translation or a link to english rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Groves
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second this old plea. I am going to make an order to 12spiel.de soon and see this is inexpensive. The tacky theme is strangely compelling and repulsive at the same time so I would be very grateful if someone could post some English rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just read the German rules on the Kosmos website. This is a rough outline. If you order the game, I can do a full translation.

There are 34 cards depicting holiday 'moments' such as a cocktail or a dip in the pool. They also show a point value or a multiplier and some (including the multipliers) have smaller pictures of 1 or 2 other cards on them.

You each get 2 cards to start. The other cards are formed into 3 decks and the top card of each deck is turned face-up beside the deck. The cards will be bought and put in your hand and then placed in a communal display forming a 5x6 rectangle. You each have 15 tokens to 'pay' for the cards, the tokens each being one of five different 'currencies' such as coconuts or cowrie shells. Each card will cost 3 tokens and payment is made by turning 3 matching tokens face-down. The tokens which need to be paid will be determined by the back of the card which is next in the deck (the back of each card shows 3 tokens). Points are scored for placing the cards in the display.

On your turn you can buy a card and then place up to 5 cards into the display (if you wish), or you can turn face-up all your face-down chips, or you can pass. New cards are only made available once all 3 have been bought or both players pass (the cards for sale are then discarded).

Cards placed must touch a previously placed card. Cards which show small pictures of other cards must be placed alongside at least one of these other cards. When you place a card you immediately score its value. A multiplier-card scores a multiple of the value of the card/s it is placed next to which match the small pictures on it.

The game ends when all cards have been bought or discarded (due to passing). Cards left in a player's hand each score -5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Groves
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick rules summary. The game sounds okay, but the theme is ridiculous, so I will order it probably in a couple of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris carleton
Canada
bon accord
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hey!
badge
What're you looking at!
mbmbmbmbmb
I too feel strangely compelled to purchase this game. Where can it be ordered?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Dominguez
Spain
Rivas-Vaciamadrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone can make a full translation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remo Rehder
Norway
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet another looking for english rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Christopher
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy from Amazon.de--looking for English Rules like everyone else!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Morris
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
This size viola da gamba is like a cello with frets. I started playing at age 48.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have posted my English translation of the rules on the main page for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Saarela
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally.

Thank You for the work.

I did manage to play the game with Fledermaushaus' quick translation, but there were some questions that didn't get answered then.

Sent some GG your way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Morris
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
This size viola da gamba is like a cello with frets. I started playing at age 48.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. It seems appropriate that a game about the South Seas should come from Germany and have its rules translated into English by a guy in Virginia to be read by a gamer in Finland! It's a cosmopolitan situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remo Rehder
Norway
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks alot Blake! Finally able to try to it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.