Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 11 of the M44 manual, the rules describe Taking Ground and Armor Overrun, right? Well in each of those situations there is this caveat that says that "an ordered Infantry/Armor unit may..."

So, having been 'round the block a couple of time in wargames, in the games I've played, an "ordered" unit usually refers to a unit that hasn't been pinned by fire, had a grenade chucked at them, taken casualties, or been vaporized by any nuclear weapons that may be handily available, etc.

But where is the defintion of "ordered" in Borg's system for M44? Did I miss it some where in the rulebook?

I'm sorry. I know that somewhere out there in the world someone is shaking their head: "Gol'dang Newbies!" But this one has me stymied.

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ie, "ordered" units are the units you are giving orders to with the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Sounds like you might be confusing "good order", not pinned, broken, or otherwise rendered incapable of doing certain actions, and "ordered", meaning having just received an order to do something like move or fire.

And neither of these should be confused with "ordered", like "where's that damn pizza I ordered?".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh, there I go again, thinking too hard. Gotcha. That was so simple I overlooked it. Just a different reading. I was trying to make this light wargame heavier than it is.

I'm always being accused of making everything harder than it is. Transamerica: "we could set up freight schedules, and then pasenger routes, and then each city could a be a destination" Then my wife chimes in with, "Yep, and then you could be playing this by yourself!"

Freakin' Newbies! blush

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.