Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Chamberlain
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My thanks to the postings of the "Open the Box" video. Pausing the video at the right time revealed details of the Epic sized board:

The Normal board is 9 x 13
This means there are 9 hexes seperating the players and the battlefield is 13 hexes wide.

The Epic board is 13 x 18
The dimensions are the same so that means the players are 13 hexes away from each other and the board is an impressive 18 hexes wide - unless I saw wrong?

Originally I made a mistaken assumption when I read about this Epic board - I thought the numbers of hexes would be the same but they would be bigger allowing larger units, say 6 or 8 figures per unit. Dozy me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
The 13x18 is assuming the second board, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Chamberlain
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct.

I wonder if they will offer a second board for sale separately? But I guess one box of figures on an Epic board would hardly fill it, making it less than Epic. I supposed we will either have to buy two boxes or wait until the other armies are released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Or get your friend you play with regularly to buy a copy of the game too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.