Subject: Epic Duel Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley Cannon
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hello,
i just bought a copy of the game, and i love the game. But,ive also heard of people have expansions for the game. different boards,and also different rules to play by. Can anyone tell me where to get them, or maybe where i can purchase them?
Thanks~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no "official" expansions. However, if you go to Yahoo and join the group for it, they have some. Also, do a Google search as there is a fansite out there that has some good stuff for it but i cannot remember the URL right now.

Also, the Star Wars miniatures game has some nice maps to use with it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars: Epic Duels is available for play on the Vassal-Engine program, which is a program for playing board games online, and through that program many people have made expansions in the form of new maps and custom decks.

A few of the decks are neat, most of them are unbalanced, but the maps are generally worth looking into.

Hope you enjoy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott hagarty
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
If you're looking for expansions, check out the Epic Duels Wiki at [http://epicduels.pbwiki.com]. There are both printable decks and VASSAL extension posted there. It is more-or-less the central location for almost all known expansions. Some are admittedly better than others, but after you try some out, you'll probably find a few authors you prefer over others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brafman
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hags888 wrote:
If you're looking for expansions, check out the Epic Duels Wiki at [http://epicduels.pbwiki.com]. There are both printable decks and VASSAL extension posted there. It is more-or-less the central location for almost all known expansions. Some are admittedly better than others, but after you try some out, you'll probably find a few authors you prefer over others.

Thanks for the link. Would you mind sharing your thoughts on which of the maps are in the better category?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott hagarty
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
brafman wrote:
Thanks for the link. Would you mind sharing your thoughts on which of the maps are in the better category?

Sure, my personal favorite is the "Echo Base" by "author unknown". Guess that doesn't help identify a good "author" though. Obi-Wan John is probably the most prolific map designer on the WIKI, but some of his maps aren't as good as others IMO. If you get the ones he's converted from SWMinis, they are generally good, but his homemade ones are much lower quality. I'd take a look at the "Jedi Temple Ruins" in the Coruscant section by Sultan of Dorkistan as well. To be honest, I don't know as much about map expansions as I do about deck expansions. Anyway, hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.