Subject: Poker chips & Memoir 44 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: poker [+] [View All]
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about getting a customised set of Poker chips to use as money/counters in various games. I am though not an expert in terms of chip type/quality etc.

The Poker chip used in Memoir 44 as the Russian Commisar token I guess is about the quality I was hoping for. Can someone tell me what this chips is in terms of clay/composite or whatever, and weight (is it as simple as weighing it?)?

Also the pictures on the chip I am presuming are stickers, if so what is the particular type of finish, as they seem quite durable, or is the image somehow integrally printed with/on the chip?

Thanks.

G.W.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here check this out.
http://www.boardgameswithscott.com/?p=32

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
I've been thinking about getting a customised set of Poker chips to use as money/counters in various games. I am though not an expert in terms of chip type/quality etc.

The Poker chip used in Memoir 44 as the Russian Commisar token I guess is about the quality I was hoping for. Can someone tell me what this chips is in terms of clay/composite or whatever, and weight (is it as simple as weighing it?)?

It would be accurate to weigh it, if you have a small mail scale or something else sensitive enough. It felt to me like a 9 gram chip. It is made from composite material. Any 11.5 gram to 9 gram composite chip should be from the same material. This is the most common chip found for sale on the internet lately.
Quote:

Also the pictures on the chip I am presuming are stickers, if so what is the particular type of finish, as they seem quite durable, or is the image somehow integrally printed with/on the chip?

IIRC, I believe that the images there are directly printed on the chips. Not the most common or cheapest printing method, but definitely the most durable.

I advise against getting denominations printed on poker chips. It makes them less flexible. I like to use white chips as the lowest value in a game, and red as worth 5 whites. if I printed them at 1 & 5, this would work for things like PowerGrid or Age Of Steam, but would be tought for games where the base unit used is not 1, but 100, 1,000 or even 5 or 5,000.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.