1 Posts

Mexica» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
This is now Rick reporting...

After having tried Mexica for the first time the day before, I got the chance to try it again at our regular game night. The players were Sean and I, who had played the one time before, and Ryan and Andrew – who were newbies.

The game seesawed back and forth as each of us founded districts, built buildings, and then jumped to other districts to try to maximize our points. Everyone was pretty intent on getting the points from founding districts before spending too many action points on buildings, but in both rounds once all the districts were founded, it was a building frenzy.

The one thing that was much different than the previous game was the building of buildings in unfounded districts, especially at the beginning of the game. In our last game I think we just forgot we could do this and in this game Andrew especially took advantage of this capability.

Towards the end of the game, it looked like we were all pretty close. At the end of the game, Sean was able to slap a big building in the last unfounded district and Andrew joined him there to get some big points. When the points were totaled, I had squeezed out a victory by the smallest of margins – Ryan was only one point behind me (much to his disgust) and Andrew and Sean were close behind him.

Score:

*Rick* - 108
Ryan – 107
Andrew – 102
Sean – 93

Ratings:

Rick – 7
Ryan – 7
Andrew – 6
Sean – 7

These were lower ratings than our previous game, and I think that was mainly because of one big factor – the game went too slow. I think everyone thought the game was interesting, but they were just taking too long on their turns and this made the game interminable. Hopefully more experience with the game will make it go faster and increase the enjoyment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.