flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Aldie,

It would be great to be able to see stats on files we upload to BGG.

For example, when I upload a rules translation, I tend to make it available through my website first while I wait for it to be approved for BGG. And that means that I compulsively check my webstats for a few days to see whether people are actually downloading the file or not.

Then, it all goes (relatively) quiet once the file goes up on BGG. It would be nice to be able to look and see that a file has been downloaded by 2 people, or by 500 people, or somewhere in between.

I imagine this could also be a helpful factor for judging whether a file is worth downloading or not - if it's the player aid that everyone with a copy of Ra has downloaded, the odds are good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Oh, too true. Files should have much information readily available than they do now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
I wonder why I never kept stats on that. I usually do that kind of thing... I will add it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a date for the file? I did not see any dates anymore for when the file was uploaded/approved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
I wonder why I never kept stats on that. I usually do that kind of thing... I will add it.

Thanks.

And I like Sterling's suggestion of the date the file was uploaded, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.