Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Some have stated that the game drags in the endgame. If so, why not just reduce the number of personages needed to win? For example, from 9 to 8 in a four-player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitchett
United States
Garnet Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow i think just the opposite. The games seems to just get to the climax when it ends. I feel you should play for two more personages and get some conflicts going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reducing the number of points required to win benefits certain strategies (like the gold/advancement players), and reduces the likelihood of conflict.

Instead, play the game from the very first turn to grab victory point cards whenever you can; don't worry about defending what you've got unless it's going to turn into a VP card in the near future; and if the plan requires you to attack a temple or two for the win, get the temples early before they become too expensive to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Heinecke
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree with surfitch. I just played today a 6-Person-Game and it ended much too soon and with only two temples destroyed in the whole game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.