Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link to the errata for those who wish to update their rules: http://media.wix.com/ugd/674db9_8fc53f40046c411ca12ae750a4fb...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have no fear -- we are working on a revised edition of the rulebook that will include all the updates and errata!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Talossa wrote:
Have no fear -- we are working on a revised edition of the rulebook that will include all the updates and errata!

+1thumbsup Great news...looking forward to it. Thanks for listening to your supporters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
Thanks for listening to your supporters.

Glad to help. The new rulebook should be sent to the proofreaders this weekend. We're incorporating some of the optional rules as actual changes to the game now (improved retreat rules and the possibility of Congress being put to flight and moving the Liberty marker backwards). And of course the new rules on Rebel Campaigns supersede the old ones. And the new Rebel Campaign rule has been extensively edited and playtested.

Still not sure how this will all work on the business end, whether the rulebook will be downloadable (and if so, to whom) or available for purchase; not sure yet. I'll keep you all posted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update - I just rec'd the game today so will hold off on rules reading until the new rule book becomes available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Talossa wrote:
MayorJim wrote:

Glad to help. The new rulebook should be sent to the proofreaders this weekend. We're incorporating some of the optional rules as actual changes to the game now (improved retreat rules and the possibility of Congress being put to flight and moving the Liberty marker backwards). And of course the new rules on Rebel Campaigns supersede the old ones. And the new Rebel Campaign rule has been extensively edited and playtested.

Still not sure how this will all work on the business end, whether the rulebook will be downloadable (and if so, to whom) or available for purchase; not sure yet. I'll keep you all posted!
Well, I certainly hope it's downloadable for those of us who purchased the game whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The errata/clarification file is not as bad as initially thought, I'm reading the rules now (the one exception being the re-written Rebel Campaigns).

Wish there was a general Key to describe things, instead of having to hunt around in the rules for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
Well, I certainly hope it's downloadable for those of us who purchased the game whistle

It's at the "Download Errata" link on the White Dog page here:

http://www.whitedoggames.com/#!dtom-american-revolution/c1ri...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For the rewritten Rebel Campaigns rule, what if the Americans don't have the proper units for providing reinforcements (11/0/1)? For example, if there is no COS unit in the Rebel Force Pool, is a Continental Army unit substituted to participate in the (higher numbered) Minor Campaign?

Also, the Minor Campaigns (11/1) says that only a single Battle is conducted, but a Pursuit could result in more than one Battle for the Minor Campaign, correct?

Really enjoying the game so far...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Talossa wrote:
MayorJim wrote:

It's at the "Download Errata" link on the White Dog page here:

http://www.whitedoggames.com/#!dtom-american-revolution/c1ri...
Ive got the errata...actually looking for a redo of the rule book. That way I don't need to flip through two different docs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talossa wrote:
MayorJim wrote:

Thanks for doing this! As soon as the rule updates are done, I'll gladly be placing an order for two copies of the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AHdave wrote:
As soon as the rule updates are done, I'll gladly be placing an order for two copies of the game

Dave, FWIW I hesitated making a purchase too as I had heard about the errata, including a rewritten rule (Rebel Campaigns).

But after hearing one positive comment after another about this game, I finally pulled the trigger... and am so glad I did.

Sure, there was some extra effort required to update the rules from the errata, but now that the game is on the table I'm having a great time!

Whether delaying an order for a new rulebook, or getting the game now, either way I think you are going to be very happy with this release - so far, I definitely am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve - the more I hear about this game the better it sounds. Even thinking about using it as a teaching tool for my 10yr old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
Whether delaying an order for a new rulebook, or getting the game now, either way I think you are going to be very happy with this release - so far, I definitely am.

Wes Erni is hard at work on the second edition rulebook. I expect it to be completed in two weeks or so, if not before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
For the rewritten Rebel Campaigns rule, what if the Americans don't have the proper units for providing reinforcements (11/0/1)? For example, if there is no COS unit in the Rebel Force Pool, is a Continental Army unit substituted to participate in the (higher numbered) Minor Campaign?

Also, the Minor Campaigns (11/1) says that only a single Battle is conducted, but a Pursuit could result in more than one Battle for the Minor Campaign, correct?

Really enjoying the game so far...

No, no substitutions. Just use what's available.

And Pursuits are always a sub-set of battles, so yes, it could cause more than one battle in the Minor Campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Duensing
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.