3 Posts

The X-Files» Forums » General

Subject: Awful awful game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean F
msg tools
For the reasons listed:

1. Anyone read the instructions? The spelling errors, the mis-descriptions on the contents page? Sloppy and unprofessional.

2. I wanted an X Files game, a game for fans, there could have been any TV show printed on that box. The game involves spending tokens and turning cards - yes actions needed in a game - but where are the x files here? How are we immersing ourselves in the world? Answer is we have not.

3. The X Files was built around the idea of two agents working against the government. And whilst that has been included into the game play - the split between "syndicate" and the "agents" did not in my opinion make an enjoyable gaming process. You should have been playing against the syndicate as the "game" rather than another player. This was compounded by playing it as a two player game. Despite the suggestion in the instructions to use two agents in a 2 player game, it didn't work. It was not enjoyable playing as either the syndicate or the agent in a two player game.

4.After all the delays and months of waiting since the original release was slated...is this the best they could do?

5. Not really a reason but you can't get your money back once you've popped the counters and tried to play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While your criticism seems valid (and I surely would have preferred a fully cooperative game where two players could just play as Mulder and Scully), I don't see how any of your points make this an awful game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I never pictured a game made after the X-Files would include drawing chits from a bag.

I was very disappointed with this game and it really didn't do the television show justice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.