Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter OHara
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love storytelling, and I love games. It's a natural that I would like Nanofictionary, a game about storytelling. I've played it several times with my kids and as a party game with guests, but I've never had the opportunity to play it full up with the right balance of players and judges. So that got me to thinking about that big ol' internet out there and all the opportunities that might be there for a game about storytelling, only using 'Net technology to deliver the stories. I like this idea.
So I decide to make a Cyberboard gamebox for Nanofictionary to manage the card decks and provide the visual representation of the card table, and use soemthing like a polling application to allow the judges to secretly vote for stories.
The gamebox is done, and I've put together a "Modest Proposal" about email NanoFic that can be viewed on ANOTHER POINT OF SINGULARITY:

http://mrnizz.blogspot.com/2006/10/nanofictionary-by-email.h...

If there's some interest out there, contact me, and I'll set up a game. We will need four judges and four players to start.

Figure 1: The NanoFic by Email Game Table, as depicted in Cyberboard.

Walt

PS: the gamebox does not show any Looney Lab artwork beyond the game's logo for the card backs. The real paper version is far prettier, and I encourage you to give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.