Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aldo Šuran
Croatia
Pula
Istra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow boardgamers. Yesterday i played Andor for the first time (the tutorail legend) and was really fun. But i'm not sure about something. Does the new rules introduced with legend cards stays in game for the remaining of the legend or just when the legend card is active? I suppose it does, but i'm not 100% sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which rule do you mean as an example?

Usually, when something is "ruled" on a Legend card, it is applicable for the given Legend as a whole (or until a subsequent Legend card in the Legend says something different or alters that rule).

Basically, the Legend cards are the second half of the ruleset for each game (the general rules themselves are the first half, upon which the game is based).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Šuran
Croatia
Pula
Istra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule that permits the heroes to attack the enemy immediately if they finish their movement in the same space where is the monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Studioworks wrote:
The rule that permits the heroes to attack the enemy immediately if they finish their movement in the same space where is the monster.

Do not have my Legend cards in front of me right now, but I would presume that is just a "local" rule, even just for the given moment (as each fight can only be started if you did not move I believe).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard-Nose
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In which legend did this card come up? I can't remember ever having a rule like this being introduced on a legend card, as it completely changes the basic movement rules

EDIT:
If it's in legend 1, I'm quite positive you somehow must have misread that card, as in this legend you learn only the basic rules of movement and combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some rules on legend cards are continuously for the rest of the game. So when something is introduced in legend 3, it is also a rule in legend 4 and 5. Example:
Legend card B says:
From now on, you can choose in your turn to "walk" or to "fight".

This is not only for this legend, but for the whole game.
Every rule is only for the legend (untill some other legend card contradicts it) OR for the whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Studioworks wrote:

There is no such rule. You can only perform ONE action on your turn. Move and fight are two actions.

Rules introduced in Legend 2 such as use of the runestones or in Legend 3 (Herbs) carry on throughout the rest of the game.

So for instance, even though the Legend 3 card doesn't specify it, three runestones of different colours allow you to roll the black die in Legend 3 just as it did in Legend 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.