Hide
7 Posts

Lost Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Suggestions for Making a Re-Theme rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Smith
msg tools
Hey everyone. I'm just posting here since I'm taking my current re-theme of all the Lost Legacy sets far more seriously than I anticipated, and I'm interested in getting some second opinions on how to improve things.

My current quandary is how much theme to spill on this set. As it's based on the Suikoden RPG series, I know not many people will recognize it, and I may be stuck never playing with these cards as the unfamiliar theme could turn people off.

So here are the two directions I'm considering:
1) Use the names of the characters as they were in the games.

2) Uses more generic and easy to understand names, but slip in the character name on the bottom beneath the gameplay text.

The real question is, "If you don't know the Suikoden games, would either set appeal to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sleep
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not familiar with Suikoden, and I probably wouldn't be drawn to these sets on my own--but if we were to sit down and play together, the more generic roles would be easier for me to grasp and remember than the names.

That said... it's your re-theme, and you certainly know the series and your vision better than I do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
slick pdx

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved Suikoden and find it fun to see them. Name on the bottom doesn't take anything away from that. My opinion is :go with name on bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Smith
msg tools
Thanks for the feedback, guys. It worked out great that I got one reply from a Suikoden fan, and one from someone who's never played the series.

I updated my sets to have the generic names on the title. I'm almost done with 4 complete the sets now. And surprisingly, a lot of the Lost Legacy cards have very close matches in the Suikoden universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corroyeur
Germany
München
N/A
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty nice re-theme, i look forward for the pics of the whole set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Smith
msg tools
Thanks! It's just frustrating because every week I seem to learn one new trick that can make all my previous cards look about 15% better. And I really want to make these as great as possible.

I posted some of my older set drafts in the image section of the game. I also did one for the Princess promo so far. But I already can't stand the slightly lower quality of those prints now. Haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Smith
msg tools
Okay, here are all 4 sets I've made and updated so far:

Starship -> Suikoden 1

Flying Garden -> Suikoden 2

100 Year War -> The Battle with Neclord

Poor Detective -> Suppressing the Beast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.