Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Bui
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks pretty legit on kickstarter. But it doesn't have that many backers. I want to back this game but I hope it has enough backers cuz I want it to be produced. Any opinions anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I can't figure it out, seems like he did everything right, preview of rules up, preview of art up, minis look solid, ads on BGG. I think he's planning on relaunching, maybe too many people had too much money tied up in Conan...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Bui
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkartzinel wrote:
Yeah, I can't figure it out, seems like he did everything right, preview of rules up, preview of art up, minis look solid, ads on BGG. I think he's planning on relaunching, maybe too many people had too much money tied up in Conan...

Yeah I sent him an email to see what his plans are. The game looks legit though, I hope it works out. I didn't back Conan, too much money and this game still looks fun. Hopefully it will work out. Any game with sold miniatures and cool cards make it seem worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vbui0803 wrote:
dkartzinel wrote:

Yeah I sent him an email to see what his plans are. The game looks legit though, I hope it works out. I didn't back Conan, too much money and this game still looks fun. Hopefully it will work out. Any game with sold miniatures and cool cards make it seem worth it.

That's the thing, gamers like me are not interested in just the miniatures and cards. There is a glut of mediocre miniature kickstarters out there so you have to look at what the game offers. To me Summoner Wars and Magewars far surpass this game without the need for miniatures. So then the only chance this game has left is if it's miniatures and art are exceptional, which they are not.

Also Boardgame Brawl did NOT review this game it was a paid preview. That annoyed me when I saw it on the kickstarter page. They have also ignored their entry on BGG with no image either.

To me the game offers nothing new and has mediocre art and unnecessary minis. It also is too similar to Summoner Wars and Magewars in mechanics to distinguish itself. Looks like I'm not the only one to think this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Bui
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamecat_uk wrote:
Vbui0803 wrote:
dkartzinel wrote:

That's the thing, gamers like me are not interested in just the miniatures and cards. There is a glut of mediocre miniature kickstarters out there so you have to look at what the game offers. To me Summoner Wars and Magewars far surpass this game without the need for miniatures. So then the only chance this game has left is if it's miniatures and art are exceptional, which they are not.

Also Boardgame Brawl did NOT review this game it was a paid preview. That annoyed me when I saw it on the kickstarter page. They have also ignored their entry on BGG with no image either.

To me the game offers nothing new and has mediocre art and unnecessary minis. It also is too similar to Summoner Wars and Magewars in mechanics to distinguish itself. Looks like I'm not the only one to think this.

You make a good argument. It is similar to summoner wars but I do like how it does has some differences with the "pets." I think the miniatures are not bad though but it would help with some reviews and other feedback from other people. There isn't much popularity with this game but I am thinking of backing it because hopefully more can be done to expand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.