Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I suspect lots of people who have gotten into CCGs over the years have accumulated individual promo cards for games they don't play. I myself have promos from probably a dozen different games. I'm trying to figure out a) how many people are in such a position, and b) how it might be possible to trade them efficiently. I think a promo cards Math Trade is an overengineered solution, and was wondering whether some sort of throw cards in -> get cards out mechanic might work, but I haven't really thought it through. Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I think it is more than Promo CCG Cards. There are Spielbox mini-expansions, postcards, Essen giveaways, etc. I'd love an expansion exchange and think that a math trade might not be that over-engineered as the postage is low and I'm sure someone wants to trade a silver robot for a St. Pete Banquet, or whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
I think it is more than Promo CCG Cards. There are Spielbox mini-expansions, postcards, Essen giveaways, etc. I'd love an expansion exchange and think that a math trade might not be that over-engineered as the postage is low and I'm sure someone wants to trade a silver robot for a St. Pete Banquet, or whatever.

Ok, how would we go about labeling such a Math Trade? "Small Promo Items"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Watkins
United States
Arvada
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a bunch of various CCG promos, nonsport promos, some postcards, posters and other magazine inserts, even some TSR promo dice. I'd definitely be interested. Thanks.

Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, now I'm faced with the question of whether I can afford the time for this. I think I should wait a week or so until I've gotten a few things out of the way with my dissertation, but after that I'm likely to go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.