Mikko Häkkinen
Finland
OULU
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody!

The track is now out. Feel free to download it from the file section. A preview image is available at address http://www.otit.fi/~mchaka/Fuji_Speedway/FormulaDe_FujiSpeed... .

-- OLD CRAP BEGINS --

As you might know, Suzuka will be replaced next year with Fuji Speedway in the Formula One calendar. For those, who would like to experience this new track in Formula Dé world too, I have some great news. Or maybe I'll let the image speak by itself.

A bit more detailed view: http://www.otit.fi/~mchaka/Fuji_Speedway/FormulaDe_FujiSpeed...

The track actually contains 14 different track configurations. Two for the primary track and 12 for the practise track.

There's also a new rule. It's very simple and needed only to clarify things with overlapping corners, which is an unique feature in this track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Teaser: Formula Dé - Fuji Speedway
Wow, that looks really nice. Good job with the graphics! This was the biggest turndown for me with other custom maps: bad graphics. But this one really shines. Do you have more maps in petto? Can't wait for the final version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Häkkinen
Finland
OULU
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATED: See the first post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Häkkinen
Finland
OULU
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NOW AVAILABLE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sporting Nonsense
Wales
flag msg tools
The graphics are really good! Although the layout is not quite like the proper formul de (its more rectangular) I have downloaded it and will print it once I have some A2 card to stick the A4 onto.

Great work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sporting Nonsense
Wales
flag msg tools
I have now printed, stuck together and played this. While constructing it and overlapping pieces was a pain I found the track enjoyable although the first corner is particularly tough as a two and the practice track doesnt really let you out of 3rd gear.

Im still amazed at how realistic it is, you should make some more - maybe Istanbul or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Häkkinen
Finland
OULU
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about changing the last corner. I'm still not sure whether it should be a two stop corner or just a shorter corner with a bit more acceleration space before it. Perhaps the latter is better because it could be a bit more problematic.

The first corner is very tight but on the other hand - hairpins usually are. It wouldn't be sane if you could go through it with your 6th gear.

I'm not going to make any tracks in the near future. Maybe later but not during the spring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, what did you use to make that crack (software)...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Häkkinen
Finland
OULU
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mainly CorelDRAW X3 and of course some other tools for handling source material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.