Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

When someone gets the new version of Die Macher, can they let us know?

I was told they shipped out on Friday and Monday from Georgia. Since I live in Florida, you would assume I would have gotten it within 2 days but no luck.

Hopefully someone gets it soon
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Stephens
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Mine arrived at my place in Jacksonville, FL this afternoon. My s/o is bringing it up to Seattle on Thursday. Now if I only knew how to play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean T
United States
Tucson
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just DL the rules from Valley games website. I did that yesterday so I was ready to go when it came in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sifl wrote:
Mine arrived at my place in Jacksonville, FL this afternoon. My s/o is bringing it up to Seattle on Thursday. Now if I only knew how to play...

Did it come via UPS?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgames with Scott has an excellent hour long video on how to play this game. assuming they haven't changed it too much, it would be a great place to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Zigler
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got my copy today in Huntsville, Alabama. The box was shipped using Fed Ex Ground on October 24, 2006. At first glace the game looks very well produced.

Zig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait -- they started shipping? How are you guys being notified? I haven't heard or seen anything.

It feels like I ordered this game a billion years ago. I am eager to get it and move on with my life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Wiebe
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just been checking the Valley Games website at valleygames.ca to get news. Copies reached Toronto distributors today, hooray! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richardolen2 wrote:
Wait -- they started shipping? How are you guys being notified? I haven't heard or seen anything.

It feels like I ordered this game a billion years ago. I am eager to get it and move on with my life.

Yes, copies have started making it to their destinations. Have you been watching valleygames.ca? They've been posting updates all this month.

You should have your game by Thursday, given the shipping times estimated by the distribution firm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyman Hurd
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine's here in Atlanta, GA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Kelley
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received mine - Montgomery, al.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lang
Canada
Wellesley
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't fault them for the method of doing the shipping, but when the site says "Canadian orders should start shipping by the end of the week", do they mean "out from their warehouse" or "out from the Canadian dispersal point"? It matters since if it's shipping via FedEx ground and it's just leaving their warehouse this week, we can expect it in approximately 10-15 days.

No, I'm not kidding. Try shipping something via FedEx ground, get a tracking number and check on it every day. It's highly depressing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
*Rant On*

My God, people! There are THREE (3) active threads that have been kept on the front page for two weeks concerning the shipment of Die Macher. PICK ONE!

*Rant Off*

And enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Zigler
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well it appears pretty obvious that this is the best of the three threads so the others should pick this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it today.

Happy. And glad the wait is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got home from work an hour ago...and there it was
Happy me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Weber
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Kevin,

Received my copy today (Thursday) as promised (Cincinnati).

I hope the croakers realize that without VG we wouldn't have this game. It is by no means surprising that their first game would have a few minor delays along the way. Any business startup or expansion is difficult, and something always ends up being more trouble than expected. Just ask Airbus!

Thanks for all of the updates and please tell your friends at VG that many of us are very happy customers! I'm sure they'll have lots of war stories to tell once things calm down for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eryn roston
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did any other people who pre-ordered NOT get theirs today? Cause I didnt.

Color me sad.

-E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't panic just yet if you haven't received your copy of Die Macher. According to the shipping company most customers should have received their game by Thursday, but with it now slightly past midnight, I can see that the preorder copies are still spanning out across the U.S.

As a complete guess, I would think that we'll see the remainder of the copies reach their destination by Friday, or possibly Monday. Don't hold me to it, I'm just guessing based on the reports people are posting from various states in the U.S.

I can't wait to see some reviews of this new version (no, I won't be posting one...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian
Australia
North Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I see he's complaining on this thread as well. Don't let them dampen your enthusiasm guys, these threads on when people get their games adds to the excitement and tension of when mine will arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lage Rahm
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody outside north america got their copy?
Does anybody know when we in europe will recieve our copy?

(I do know that it will take longer to ship over seas but the election in Sweden are over and the negotiatings for the political power in my city is over so know it would be nice to play politics instead of doing it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People in SE United States (Florida, Georgia) got the pre-orders via Fed-Ex ground on Wednesday and I along with others in the midwest (Michigan, Indiana, Illinios, Wisconsin, Kansas) received them yesterday (Thursday).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monte Lewis
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to find my tracking information on the FedEx site.

https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?link=1&cntry_code=us&li...

That's the track by reference.

Enter 'Die Macher' into the Reference field, use the 24th of October for the ship date, enter your zip code and it should be able to find your tracking info.

My copy arrived at the Phoenix station @ 9:37 last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean T
United States
Tucson
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's hoping it reaches the west coast today (Friday.) I'm in AZ, and have a gameday tomorrow with players already lined up! In fact we had planned to play a few rounds last night to learn the game before Saturday. If it reached me in time I'll definately put up a review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Walker
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got here. Bay Area, CA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.