Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gisli Sigtryggsson
Canada
Amherst
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As often happens, the more I read the rule the less clear the answer became. I searched the FFG forum for an answer to this, as well as the BGG forum, and after coming up with nothing I'm 97% certain this is a non-issue.

The rules state that a unit with support can support an adjacent unit. Then it goes on to give examples of land units. I'm assuming this rule applies to ships as well although ships are not mentioned in the examples. However, the only place where ship support is mentioned it specifically states that ships can support adjacent land areas. The way that is worded and seeing how it is under a subheading "ships and Support" implies, to me, that this is extent of how ships can support units. Ie ships can not support other ships in combat as the ships in GoT are expressively forbidden to congregate on land.

Did I just cross into the realm of the nit-pickers? Anyhow, I'm not planning to set up camp here as this is an uncomfortable place and foreign to me.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I've played the game a few times and we always supported ships with ships but then, we also consistently played a couple of other rules wrong which I'm just discovering now while going through the rulebook with a finetooth comb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
You can support ships with ships.

You can support land forces in coastal regions with ships.

You can support land forces with land forces.

The only thing you can't do is support ships with land forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.