Popular Tags: [View All]
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking through my old Star Trek HeroClix: Tactics models the other day I noticed that the sculpt EDIT: it was just a sticker! for the assimilated Raven never got used in Attack Wing. Here's the original preview for it from HC:Tactics 3: http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/star-trek-heroclix-tact...

With the two Borg-centric OP series completed and all of the known waves/prizes extending for awhile, it seems very unlikely we will see an official Attack Wing release of this assimilated ship anytime soon....

Given what we've seen with the other assimilated vessels, we have a pretty solid idea of the card breakdown...and given that we have an official Raven we can extrapolate stats.

Of course, this ship isn't going to tear up anyone's OP, but I think it would be fun for us to kick around ideas. Feel free to join in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Crowdsource Assimilated Vessel 77139 (ie USS Raven)
** RESERVED **

Possible contents:

named ship (Raven)
geneic ship
assimilated dual ship (Vessel 77139)
generic dual ship
named captain (Magnus?)
borg captain (Assimilated Magnus or Drone?)
weapon
crew (young 7 of 9? Needle Fingers?)
tech (biodampeners?)
elite talent
borg upgrade

Will update this section with consensus contents based on discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:

Possible contents:

borg captain (Assimilated Magnus or Drone?)

I'll start it off with the assimilated captain. I think it should pretty clearly be Magnus...could probably even use the same pic from the official crew release:

But what special text should he have? Anything special about Magnus? Hate for it to be just another generic drone ability...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure they will use the model again, it just might be a while. Though they might not make it borgified. From what I can tell the borg bits are just a decal so they can use them on any ship. The Klingon we have for AW is different from the Tactics model. IIRC the tactics model has borg bits on the wings instead of the head. I am pretty sure there wasn't an assimilated Galor class for tactics. Not sure on the D'Deridex, I wasn't very into Heroclix.

I could see the Raven getting the same treatment as Tholia One. Same as the OP pack, a few extra cards and a mission. The mission could be something like "Gather Technical Data" from the Battleship pack, 30-40 point ship has to scan an 80 point Borg ship 3 times and escape kinda thing.

I have 2 and it wouldn't bother me if they gave it the Tholia One treatment. Like the tholians it didn't have a lot of screen time. I know a lot of Federation players would like a copy of Multi Adaptive Shields.

Now I would like to see Runabouts with the same stats, but add TL to the action bar, and have tech, weapon, crew for upgrades. Maybe 2 crew for the named.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
I'm sure they will use the model again, it just might be a while. Though they might not make it borgified. From what I can tell the borg bits are just a decal so they can use them on any ship.

I have the HC model and the borg bits are part of the sculpt...not a sticker. That's why I am thinking it won't be released... at least not for a very long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
I'm sure they will use the model again, it just might be a while. Though they might not make it borgified. From what I can tell the borg bits are just a decal so they can use them on any ship.

I have the HC model and the borg bits are part of the sculpt...not a sticker. That's why I am thinking it won't be released... at least not for a very long time.

Really? Are the other assimilated ships like that in Tactics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:
Mr S Baldrick wrote:

Really? Are the other assimilated ships like that in Tactics?

Lol. I looked again...you're right. Such a good sticker it had me fooled. blush

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead with my custom flavor of this assimilated vehicle but I get it now that without it being a separate sculpt it's kind of not a very interesting exercise to conduct. I'd much rather see an official rounabout with this sculpt in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Post your finished product, we use customs sometimes in home games. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

I really hope we get Runsbouts some day. That is mostly what in use my Aerie class ships for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.