Alan Statham
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
I saw in another thread a discussion on the use of House Rules for Neutral Shipping. I do use a House Rule as well (below). Would like to get your opinions / ideas / examples of your House Rules on this subject - thanks -- Alan

===============================
Neutral Shipping Targeting Adjustments: During all of 1939, this rule applies to neutral Loners [28.2]; does not apply to neutral vessels in a Convoys or Task Forces.

A. Prior to conducting a First Attack against a neutral Loner, make an original DR (oDR) based on the current month:

1) 1939.SEP: May Attack = 0-5* / may not attack = 6-9^
2) 1939.OCT: May Attack = 0-6* / may not attack = 7-9^
3) 1939.NOV: May Attack = 0-7* / may not attack = 8-9^
4) 1939.DEC: May Attack = 0-8* / may not attack = 9^

B. If oDR=0; then make subsequent DR (sDR): SEP & OCT = 0-1; NOV & DEC = 0; a ≤ 7 GRT Loner is taken as Prize (x2 GRT) if no Naval Unit or Aircraft is currently revealed. Type II may not take prizes.

C. If oDR=9^; then make sDR: if = 9, then submarine is automatically RTB (represents the effects of Allied dis-information campaign by falsely accused Germans of hideous violation of the Prize Rules and Law of the Sea).

D. If oDR = #*, the month's highest number for May Attack; the submarine is automatically considered Spotted prior to First Attack (represents a feisty Neutral broadcasting SSS)

E. Modifiers:
-x Ace Skipper rating
-2 per Aerial Reconnaissance Aircraft in OpArea
+1 Inexperienced Crew [8.1]
+1 990 mBar Weather in OpArea
+2 965 mBar Weather in OpArea

===============================

I tried to craft this House Rule to take into account the general loosening of the Rules of Engagement about attacking neutrals and for attacking without warning. Additionally, the subsequent DRs are intented to add some variability incorporating other aspects of the war at sea.

I have thought about a -1 Modifier for Home Waters OpAreas in NOV and DEC, but haven't sold myself on it.... what say you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo B-D
Germany
Bielefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds intersting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.