Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: stats on your character card. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Schultz
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Rahdo explains that the number associated with you LORE or WILL or whatever is the number of dice you roll. yet you can upgrade them and even get a multiplyer from cards. So if there are only 4 die, how can you roll more if you have some + tokens on them and cards that lets say give you a +5 for fighting or will or lore. i dont understand how to win or fight things if that is true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You aren't limited by the dice that come in the box. You can add more or just roll the dice multiple times if you need to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schultz
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
so that is the correct way though, right? if i have multiplyer of 2 plus my number and any extra effect via cards i add them up as dice total correct?

thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There aren't really multipliers.

If you are Trish, you start with 3 strength and the .38 for an additional 3 dice during combat encounters. Thus, you would be rolling a default of 6 dice - while the game only includes 4 dice, you can roll them multiple times until you've met your 6 needed rolls. If you had 2 str improvements (from Sydney, say) you would be rolling 2 extra dice, so 8 in total.

For a crazier scenario, if you had the Carbine Rifle and 2 strength improvements as Mark Harrigan, you could roll 4+2+5 = 11 dice. Of course, with certain abilities (Jim, Lola) it's possible to go to even higher totals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schultz
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thank you all for help. Just picked it up and my 11 yr old couldn't wait to play it but wasn't sure. Will have to pick up extra dice then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As jvdv showed above, Chessex mini dice are great for this one - they come in a pile of 24, store handily in the box (even with foamcore), and come in a wide variety of colors at a reasonable price.

But of course, use whatever dice you think work best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:
The four nondescript dice that come with the game need to be replaced forthwith:

That, or these:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
jvdv wrote:
The four nondescript dice that come with the game need to be replaced forthwith:
I kind of like the standard dice. But obviously supplement with random more dice for larger pools.

(I do want some of the AH dice though, yeah, they look pretty sweet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
Canada
Metro Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
jvdv wrote:
I kind of like the standard dice. But obviously supplement with random more dice for larger pools.

(I do want some of the AH dice though, yeah, they look pretty sweet)

I splurged on two sets of these a few weeks ago and already the green paint is chipping off of several of them. Not impressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.