Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aamir Zakaria
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The victory conditions are predicated on Russian "occupation" of fracking sites, but it is not specified whether the Russians must merely pass through these sites or spend a turn there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that "occupy" means "station a unit in the hex." After all, if the Russians don't secure the facilities, which represent a substantial investment, they could be destroyed by saboteurs, commandos, etc. I would think the Russians would want the facilities themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Alexander
msg tools
Russian forces just have to pass through a fracking site to win it for victory purposes.

4.0: "It is assumed that the Russians will immediately wreck any fracking site that they can get to."

Also, 4.1: "The Russian players wins the game automatically as of the instant that he has ever occupied all of the Industrial Center hexes within Poland, regardless of which game turn that this happens." (emphasis added)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aamir Zakaria
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with your interpretation, but it's never made explicit in the rules. Some games would require you to end a given turn in a particular hex in order to change the state of that hex. I guess it comes down to deciding how long it would take to wreck a fracking site, and whether or not this can be done while "just passing through".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.