Subject: Hollywood Blockbuster any news? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim pearson
United States
canonsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I was wondering if anyone heard anything about the Uberplay release? I read here that it is due out in November, but I've seen little on this game. Has anyone seen the new version? Will the new version have tiles and movie scripts like the original? Any idea what the board will look like?
The only thing I've seen is a black & white drawing of six actors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
from boardgamenews.com

7/17/06
Quote:
We have an updated release date for Hollywood Blockbuster, the new version of Traumfabrik that is coming from Uberplay. The game is to be released in Mid to Late September 2006. This game has been updated on the Gone Cardboard page.

Source: Jeremy Young / Uberplay

Also 8/30/06

Quote:
Here’s a description of Hollywood Blockbuster (the new version of Traumfabrik):

Do you ever dream of making movies? You have now become a world-famous movie producer who has just acquired the rights to produce three new screenplays. Your goal is to produce the most valuable movies, by hiring the most talented and desirable crew. Produce the most popular movies and win the game!

The game was designed by Reiner Knizia and plays 2-5 players ages 10 and plays in 45 minutes. It will retail for 39.99 US$. Hollywood Blockbuster is to be released in Mid to Late October 2006.

Here's the thread which details some of the parody names. Easier than looking at the translation. Well some say they just paste paper over the cards. If parody bothers you that much then you can do the same with the English reprint too.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1056858

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
It just got put up on tanga.com. I snagged a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hall
United States
Mesa
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too I love tanga. Well havent seen this anywhere else but its a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.