Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the BGG Star Realms League!
This thread is for the seventh season of play, Silver Tier, Ram Division.
Following are the league rules:

ROUND STRUCTURE

- A round begins when the standings for the round just finished are posted along with the pairings for the next round. (For the first round, the round begins with this post.)

- The maximum duration of a round is 72 hours (rounded to the next morning, CST). Of course, matches that are not completed within the 72-hour timeframe will still count once they are completed.

- Each round will be played discretely. In other words, players will not generally "play ahead" by playing matches against divisional opponents in quick succession.

DIVISION STRUCTURE

- The duration of the season is 11 rounds, as each player will play each other player in the division once.

- Standings will be posted upon the conclusion of each round.

- Standings are determined by a player's record of wins and losses.

- Though points scored are also tracked, they do not have any bearing on the standings. The only uses for the "points differential" (i.e. the difference between the points a player has scored and the points that player has allowed) are for seeding in certain playoff scenarios and as a randomizer of sorts for assigning promoted and relegated players to different divisions.

- The columns you will see in the standings are as follows:

W - wins
L - losses
Pct - winning percentage (wins divided by games played)
PS - points scored (by the player, including negative points in losses)
PA - points allowed (or, points scored by the player's opponents, including negative points)
Dif - points differential (points scored minus points allowed)

LEAGUE STRUCTURE

- The league is divided into four tiers: Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.

- The tiers are arranged in a pyramidal structure, with a different number of divisions in each tier, as follows:

Platinum - 1 division
Gold - 2 divisions
Silver - 3 divisions
Bronze - 4 divisions

- The top 2 players in every division but the Platinum Tier will be promoted. In other words, if they wish to play in the next season, they will be placed in the next higher tier. (Exception: In the Bronze Tier, the third-place finisher with the best record among the four divisions will also be promoted as a wild card.)

- The bottom 4 players in the Platinum Tier and the bottom 3 players in the Gold and Silver Tiers will be relegated. In other words, if they wish to play in the next season, they will be placed in the next lower tier.

- In the event that there are players who do not wish to continue for the next season of play, the exact number of players being promoted or relegated may be adjusted downward, at my discretion.

- In the event of a tie for a promotion or relegation spot, the players will have a playoff to determine the winner.

PLAYOFF STRUCTURE

2 players: The tied players will play a one-game playoff in which the winner is promoted (or the loser is relegated, depending on the situation).

3 players:
- Each player will play the other two players simultaneously.
- If one player wins twice, the playoff will end (with the appropriate assignation of effects; for example, if it is a playoff for the second promotion spot in a division, that player who wins twice will be promoted).
- If the players tie, a second round will be played in the same manner as the first.
- If the players tie a second time, the tiebreaker will be the points differential within the playoff rounds only.

4 players:
- The players will be arranged into a single-elimination tournament bracket. (The eliminated players will be the winners if playing for relegation or the losers if playing for promotion.)
- If there are two promotion or relegation positions in contention, the final round of the tournament is not necessary.

5 players:
- The players will be seeded 1-5 according to their season points differential.
- Each player will play two matches, and pairings will be as follows:

1 v. 5
1 v. 4
2 v. 4
2 v. 3
3 v. 5

- If all players tie after the first round, a second round will be played with the following pairings:

1 v. 2
1 v. 3
2 v. 5
3 v. 4
4 v. 5

- If all players tie after the second round, the tiebreaker will be the points differential within the playoff rounds only.
- Otherwise, the other two possible finishes are:
-- a) one player finishes 2-0, three players finish 1-1, and one player finishes 0-2, or,
-- b) two players finish 2-0, one player finishes 1-1, and two players finish 0-2
- Relevant reductions will be applied as necessary. (For example, if the players are playing for the second promotion spot, result (a) would end the playoffs with the 2-0 player being promoted, while result (b) would generate an additional two-player playoff between the two players finishing 2-0.)

6 players:
- The players will be seeded 1-6 according to their season points differential.
- The players will be grouped into 3 pods of 2 players each, and pairings will be as follows:

1 v. 6
2 v. 5
3 v. 4

- The winner of each pod (or loser, in the event of a contest for relegation) in the first round of the playoff will proceed into the second round, which will be performed according to a normal 3-player playoff.

REMINDERS, TIPS, & NOTES

- Please check in at regular intervals to BGG -- daily, if possible. It would also be a good idea to subscribe to this thread.

- Please endeavor to play at a good pace. Though there is no system in place for penalizing slow play, if it becomes burdensome to the other players in the division, I may be forced to remove a lagging player from the league.

- When matches are posted, either player may send the challenge.

- When matches conclude, either player may post the result. Screenshots are not necessary. Please include negative numbers. (This score can be found in the game lobby, with the loser's score typically being a negative number.)

- If at some point during the season you anticipate being unavailable for more that a day or two, please notify me as far in advance as you can. In this situation, I am willing to double up games from the rounds you will be absent for so as not to delay the entire division.

- In the event that a player unexpectedly stops responding to invitations or games being played and it becomes apparent to me that the player has abandoned the game, that player will either be, a) replaced (if it is still early in the season) or, b) removed (if it is later in the season). In the event of option (b), all of a player's games will be vacated, including games already played; this means that a player's games already played will not count and that future opponents will have a bye for a round.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them (or geekmail me, if you prefer).

Following is a list of the players in this division in the following format:

Star Realms username (BGG username)
Missyj (missyannj)
rzaba (rzaba)
taalmod (taalmod)
PeterQuill (DE3rules)
BCSBuck (stangm)
Janus (janus19390)
Vidarrr (Vidarrr)
nearlygod (nearlygod)
punkin (punkin312)
Arc (digitalfirefly)
geki (geki)
sadsumit (sadsumit)

Pairings for round 1:
Missyj v. sadsumit
rzaba v. geki
taalmod v. Arc
PeterQuill v. punkin
BCSBuck v. nearlygod
Janus v. Vidarrr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: Vidarrr has previously indicated that he will be unavailable for this week, so we will make up his games when he returns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks!

challenged peterquill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bauer
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge received from Taalmod.

I recognize a few names in this division from random matches over the last month or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be unavailable from friday to sunday this week. (TotalCon)

I am excited to start the new season, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geki wrote:

There is always time to check Star realms Geki ;)

See you at TotalCon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
punkin312 wrote:
geki wrote:

There is always time to check Star realms Geki

See you at TotalCon!

Nope, I don't have a smart-enough-phone and I don't carry my computer around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Missy J
United States
flag msg tools
Missyj def sadsumit 49 to 0. An early freighter led to early machine base that was impossible to overcome. Gg!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sumit Sadekar
United States
NEW YORK
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GG!! It was just a matter of time for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geki 53, razba -1

I got an early monetary lead, then a solid bases structure, while razba was not drawing into his/her few combos, so it was a fast and dirty affair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
punkin312 wrote:
thanks!

challenged peterquill

Ugh, I was doing so well - then no good draws.

Peterquill defeats punkin

14 to -3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Charles
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
punkin312 wrote:
punkin312 wrote:
thanks!

challenged peterquill

Ugh, I was doing so well - then no good draws.

Peterquill defeats punkin

14 to -3

I must admit, I feel like I did not deserve this game. Punkin had far better purchases early on, and up until the last turn didn't seem to have a really poor hand, while comboing almost every turn, but two times through out the game I had massive turns thanks to Comand Ship and Mothership grabbing me 4 extra cards with the combos and helping me do about 20+ damage each of those two turns. GG and nail biter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aweberman wrote:
Note: Vidarrr has previously indicated that he will be unavailable for this week, so we will make up his games when he returns.

Will sit tight until Vidarrr returns. Happy to have been reconsidered from relegation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bauer
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arc 25, Taalmod -4

GG. Could have gone either way for a while, I managed to keep my bases up to keep your damage at bay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hamilton
United States
Canton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nearlygod over BCSBuck 2 to 0 in a squeaker. Good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wowsa. If you guys keep moving at this pace, Vidarrr's going to have a whole season to make up when he gets back...

Standings after round 1:

Silver Tier, Ram Division

Name W L Pct PS PA Dif

geki 1 0 100 53 -1 54
Missyj 1 0 100 49 0 49
Arc 1 0 100 25 -4 29
PeterQuill 1 0 100 14 -3 17
nearlygod 1 0 100 2 0 2
Janus 0 0 0 0 0 0
Vidarrr 0 0 0 0 0 0
BCSBuck 0 1 0 0 2 - 2
punkin 0 1 0 -3 14 -17
taalmod 0 1 0 -4 25 -29
sadsumit 0 1 0 0 49 -49
rzaba 0 1 0 -1 53 -54

Pairings for round 2:
Missyj v. geki
rzaba v. Arc
taalmod v. punkin
Peter:Quill v. nearlygod
BCSBuck v. Vidarrr (again; Vidarrr won't be here until the end of the week, so hold tight!)
Janus v. sadsumit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenged taalmod

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Round 2

sadsumit 39
Janus -5

Good game. Mech World was my undoing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sumit Sadekar
United States
NEW YORK
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GG!! I was very lucky with my blobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sadsumit wrote:
GG!! I was very lucky with my blobs.

IIRC, you didn't scrap any cards, but all of your Blob cards combed every time they came up!! googoogooyuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stang
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nearlygod wrote:
Nearlygod over BCSBuck 2 to 0 in a squeaker. Good game.

So. Darn. Close!!!!
GG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borys Zaba-Zabinski
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rzaba v. Arc: 35 to -5

very lucky with last hand and all those Blob cards and was able to deliver huge hit on heavily protected homebase

it was my 100th game online so it was nice anniversary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bauer
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rzaba wrote:
rzaba v. Arc: 35 to -5

very lucky with last hand and all those Blob cards and was able to deliver huge hit on heavily protected homebase

it was my 100th game online so it was nice anniversary

GG. Frustrating loss. I thought I was going to make it to the next turn. My next hand I had Brain World, Missle Mech and a Corvette, so I was drawing 4. That chain of Blob cards came at the perfect time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
punkin312 wrote:
Challenged taalmod

Punkin beats Taalmod

21 to -6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ahh man, my season starts the same as last, frustrating!
At least my play has improved from the first to the second game, with luck i should be able to win one before round 10...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.