Lightning: North Africa» Forums » Rules

Subject: Supply rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Browsed the other questions, and didn't find an answer for these:

1) Concerning Tobruk. Does it count as a supply base for the side that controls it, or does it only supply friendly units that are in that region?

2) If Axis and Allied units are in the same region are they considered out of supply simply by being in the same region? (Example: Axis and Allied unit in Western Desert, but Tobruk is controlled by Axis)

I think I have the answers for these but just wanted to double check and see what others thought. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is:

1) Tobruk is a supply source for the friendly (i.e. controlling) units within Tobruk (only), not for any units outside Tobruk.

2) An enemy unit has to be BETWEEN a friendly unit and its supply source in order to cut off supply; therefore, enemy units do not block supply of friendly units WITHIN that same region.

Hope thats helps!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty much what I thought, like I said I just wanted to get a second opinion. Thank you very much!

Just finished our first game and we enjoyed it a lot. We have concluded the game with the following two questions:

1) Axis victory condition: Does the Axis unit simply have to be at Cairo at the end of the Allied turn or must he be there unopposed?

2) Can the "Superior Tactics" card cancel the playing of a force card?

Again I'll browse around the other threads for answers, but it seems these are the big questions that we are waiting to receive offical answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
1) According to the rules, the Axis player only has to occupy Cairo at the end of an Allied turn. It doesn't say anything about the Axis occupying Cairo unopposed.

2) There may be another thread addressing the play of a Superior Tactics card against an axis reinforcement card. My interpreation is that it can oppose an Axis Reinforcements card, since the card states "Play when any card is played, other when the Axis player reveals his Attack Plan of choice". One other question would be whether or not the Axis player still has to "pay" for the reinforcements as he would if the Malta Air Force card was played against him. I would think not, since with superior tactics, the card is cancelled rather than actually played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.