Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my Kickstarter copy of Florenza today (the publisher managed to mess up my address on the parcel which didn't help!), and it of course included the Kickstarter bonuses. The one item that has an effect on the gameplay (i.e. isn't just an extra dice or meeple) is the 'La Musa' card.

On the game's KS pages, this is said about the card:
"MUSA card. This one allows the user to re-roll the die while determining the artwork value of an artist at cost of 50 florins."

I presume that, similar to the rule about artworks in the Cathedral (page 12) one rolls two dice and chooses the preferred result when electing to use (and pay for, obviously) the Muse.

Rulebook p12 wrote:
Important: If the artwork is in the Cathedral, roll the die twice and choose which result to use.

So, if one were to use/pay for the ability of the Muse in the Cathedral, I would assume one could roll one extra dice (a total of three) and then choose the most favourable.

However, I would like to see some official response from Stefano et al, as to whether this is the correct interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lee
Switzerland
Near Zürich (Kloten)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
on KS it says only

Quote:
MUSA card. This one allows the user to re-roll the die while determining the artwork value of an artist at cost of 50 florins.

looking forward to a clarification as well.

Was it delivered with a tile for the bag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duplexo wrote:
looking forward to a clarification as well.

Was it delivered with a tile for the bag?

I was puzzling over that too. No, there was no tile provided with it. Did you receive one?

Assuming that there isn't a tile for it (did the designers forget? or the packers miss including it?) I had come up with the following possibility in the abscence of any actual rules:

That the card provides the ability to any player who elects to spend 50 Fiorini to use it when determining the worth of a new artwork.
(Effectively there are sufficient muses running around Florence to assist any artist with enough coins in his pocket!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lee
Switzerland
Near Zürich (Kloten)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, I did not receive the musa tile...and the tiles A-F are of poor quality (at least I don't like plastified stuff). I may fix itwith some leftover cardboard

We played with the Musa card so far that you are allowed to reroll a dice outside the Cathedral and choose the better result...but she has no function in the Cathedral. Rolling three times and choose the best result seems just a bit to strong for 50f

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.