Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If one sends an e-mail to a company trying to cancel an order with preorder and in stock items, how many business days should one expect to wait in terms of an actual refund and response from the company? I'm currently at 2 with no response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you call them, you can probably expect an immediate response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Weeks
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets see a weekend, holiday Monday plus two business days, assuming you sent it Friday than I'd say wait until Thursday this week. Tuesday and Wednesday may be the only 2 full business days they've had to respond. Then as mentioned above, call and cancel it over the phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
If one sends an e-mail to a company trying to cancel an order with preorder and in stock items, how many business days should one expect to wait in terms of an actual refund and response from the company? I'm currently at 2 with no response.

that depends on the company... especially the type/size (immediate family run only like gamesurplus used to be) of a big one with a b&m like funagain

and 2 biz days is early imho to get worried no matter type/size
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Sison
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've cancelled orders with the war store and miniature market with little to no problem. The process took a day or two with e-mails. It was very quick with phone calls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm so use to e-mailing CSI and knowing they will respond that night that seeing not even a response to give me a timeline just feels odd. I can't imagine responding, "Sorry to hear that. We will process this in 'x' number of days" is that difficult to send back out. While they are smaller than CSI(my guess), I don't think they are that small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Always call.

Always

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He said he was already at TWO business days, so he most likely sent Wednesday or Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this with Cardhaus recently, and they responded within a matter of hours. The refund showed up in my paypal less than an hour after I got off with the phone with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.