Benjamin Smith

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmb

MtG players are going to know what I'm talking about.

Check the top part of the boxes found in fat packs for that weird, almost unnecessary, cardboard insert. Slide it out.

That insert holds all of the most used double tiles, and a second one will fit the rest of the double and single tiles with just about an inch of wiggle room left over. The fit wide is perfect. Double tiles slide in with satisfaction and don't jostle around. Single tiles side to side, too. The second box is only slightly less snug, because there isn't enough tiles to fill it, but you can slide begging tokens in there to make it more tight.

I was looking for a better setup/breakdown/storage option than millions of zip-locks and now that I found these, I won't need to until I'm ready to totally pimp it out. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breaking3po wrote:

MtG players are going to know what I'm talking about.

Check the top part of the boxes found in fat packs for that weird, almost unnecessary, cardboard insert. Slide it out.

That insert holds all of the most used double tiles, and a second one will fit the rest of the double and single tiles with just about an inch of wiggle room left over. The fit wide is perfect. Double tiles slide in with satisfaction and don't jostle around. Single tiles side to side, too. The second box is only slightly less snug, because there isn't enough tiles to fill it, but you can slide begging tokens in there to make it more tight.

I was looking for a better setup/breakdown/storage option than millions of zip-locks and now that I found these, I won't need to until I'm ready to totally pimp it out. laugh

I'm not sure I follow you. The cutouts are "U' shaped, and as such can't really hold anything. Pictures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Smith

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I guess they don't all have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That insert in the top part of the MtG Fat Packs are a 'stopper' to how far to slide the cover down over the bottom of the box. Otherwise, the top cover would crush the top of the cards.
I wouldn't call that unnecessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breaking3po wrote:
I guess they don't all have it.

Ah yes. The card destroyers. Worst design ever. Anyone who's ever had a magic card caught on the lip of that thing as you close the fat pack knows what I'm talking about. You don't notice until you open it up again and find one or more mangled cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Smith

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you keep your worthwhile cards on those boxes then don't take the inserts out for Caverna...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
Ah yes. The card destroyers. Worst design ever. Anyone who's ever had a magic card caught on the lip of that thing as you close the fat pack knows what I'm talking about. You don't notice until you open it up again and find one or more mangled cards.

I re-use the end inserts. Trim the height down to just a little higher than the card height for a little room and the box top will rest on top of the inserts, not crush the cards at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.