Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard D
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Tried out a bit of PnP last night for the first time. Seemed to go pretty well but I had a few questions.

First, if I defeat a Boneshamble with a full source pile, do I add it anyway as a "bonus"? If not, what happens to it?

Second, what sort of order do I place places in? Do I complete the circle with the first round of 3rd level places, and then slot other places in between? Do I just keep curving upward and around? And if I place rooms without entrances between other places, do I just jump over them before the entrances come down?

Thanks! I'm sure I'll have more questions to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Michael Rogers
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Richard D, thanks for playing my game!

These are good questions. The Boneshamble ENEMY card would be Moved into SOURCE PILE regardless of the SOURCE LIMIT, since the Prize tells you to Move it down there.

New PLACE cards go wherever you want in the circle. I like to keep mine in a very specific order each play through, but I've seen plenty of people Move them into play as the next Adjacent PLACE card, as if their discovering each new PLACE in front of them.

I had to actually look up your question about the rooms, so good job! From the rulebook:

Room cards may be moved into play without an Entrance card, but may not be visited without playing & Attaching an Entrance card.

BUT if a card has a blank SOURCE COST (such as rooms 2 & 3 of The Town) you could not play them without instructions to do so (ie The Town room 1 does not have a blank cost, and tells you to put the other rooms in play) The exception of course would be using another card to Move the blank SOURCE COSt rooms into play, which would still be unavailable to Visit without an entrance card, UNLESS of course they were Attached to another PLACE card through some sort of card effect, as PLACE cards become rooms when attached to each other.

Phew.

Thanks again for playing.

-mE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard D
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the replies. A few more questions that came up for me today:

Does the green song have a "normal" use? That is, one that doesn't involve complicated combos?

If you go to the Crater with heroes who don't otherwise attack (the Paladin, say), does that mean they gain +1 anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Michael Rogers
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Sorry Richard, just saw this!

The green song has plenty of uses, though I'm not sure which would be normal or not. One that I like is Moving PLACE cards into the STORY PILE for a turn, to force cards in ACTION PILE to be Acknowledged for a turn.

the +1 is only to attack I'm afraid. But you could make the argument that if you somehow found a way to grant those heroes the ability to attack later in the game, the +1 would still be there after visiting the crater earlier.

Cheers!

-mE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.