Subject: 1st Solo game follow up Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man... it's been a long time since my first game of Snowdonia and I finally got my copy...

Today I played my first solo game... LOVED IT!!! Man, even playing alone the agony of the difficult choices is there.. Fabulous work Tony...

Some things that I wanted to clarify:

1- Solo game we start with the Train, does this mean we can start using it right away or can we only use it after the 2nd Event?

The other 2 questions aren't specific for the solo game:

2- Can I have 2 contract cards with the same power and if so use them on the same round?
Ex: Cards 26 and 30 are exactly the same and the power is to double each excavation action I do that turn...
If it's possible to have both can I play them in the same round and Quadruple the excavation rate including bonuses?

3- In the solo game I was playing with L.A.D.A.S so a +2 Bonus for the excavation... the Excavation Rate was at 4
If I use the above card 26 or 30 does this mean each worker will get 12 rubble so if I put both workers there I'll get 24 rubble and if I also have card 30 and use them both (providing this is allowed, asked in the question above) I can get 48 Rubble in one turn??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question... (kept thinking about the game )

The excavation spots on stations... are they scored in the stations scoring or the lay track scoring?

Do they count for either of the Contract Cards scoring (Contracts that require Lay Track or Station Buildings)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
Solo game we start with the Train, does this mean we can start using it right away or can we only use it after the 2nd Event?

You still need to wait and buy a Train normally. The special thing with the solitaire game is that, in each game, there will be only one Train available.

As is clear from the remainder of the thread, I got above wrong.

Unfortunately, I hurried to give answer. The answer isn't explicit in the rules, and I made a mistaken inference.

Tony had already answered this question (twice) in this thread. I should have looked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
Can I have 2 contract cards with the same power and if so use them on the same round?
Ex: Cards 26 and 30 are exactly the same and the power is to double each excavation action I do that turn...
If it's possible to have both can I play them in the same round and Quadruple the excavation rate including bonuses?

In the solo game I was playing with L.A.D.A.S so a +2 Bonus for the excavation... the Excavation Rate was at 4.
If I use the above card 26 or 30 does this mean each worker will get 12 rubble so if I put both workers there I'll get 24 rubble and if I also have card 30 and use them both (providing this is allowed, asked in the question above) I can get 48 Rubble in one turn??

The designer answered questions about cards 26 and 30 (and L.A.D.A.S.) here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
Man... it's been a long time since my first game of Snowdonia and I finally got my copy...

Today I played my first solo game... LOVED IT!!! Man, even playing alone the agony of the difficult choices is there.. Fabulous work Tony...

Some things that I wanted to clarify:

1- Solo game we start with the Train, does this mean we can start using it right away or can we only use it after the 2nd Event?

You START with a train and you can use it IMMEDIATELY; the 'buy trains = ok' event has no effect in the Solo game.

Muse23PT wrote:
The other 2 questions aren't specific for the solo game:

2- Can I have 2 contract cards with the same power and if so use them on the same round?

Yes. You can stack your effects in any order you choose.

Muse23PT wrote:

Yep. I do that all the time...if people LET me get the cards :-)

Muse23PT wrote:
3- In the solo game I was playing with L.A.D.A.S so a +2 Bonus for the excavation... the Excavation Rate was at 4

Yes. Work rate = 6, doubled and doubled = 24; both workers in the spot = 48. Bingo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
Another question... (kept thinking about the game )

The excavation spots on stations... are they scored in the stations scoring or the lay track scoring?

Do they count for either of the Contract Cards scoring (Contracts that require Lay Track or Station Buildings)?

a) Stations. You don't 'lay track' in the excavation parts of a station.

b) No - JUST station ones. Of course, the rubble you collected could count towards rubble requirements on Contract cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Solo game we start with the Train, does this mean we can start using it right away or can we only use it after the 2nd Event?

You still need to wait and buy a Train normally. The special thing with the solitaire game is that, in each game, there will be only one Train available.

Gillum is usually SUPERB but, I fear, he has eaten a bad slice of cheese or a mouldy potato which has clouded his mind - see above!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyboydell wrote:
gillum wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:

Gillum is usually SUPERB but, I fear, he has eaten a bad slice of cheese or a mouldy potato which has clouded his mind - see above!

HEHEHE!

Thanks for the clarifications... all was played has it should be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyboydell wrote:
gillum wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:

No food distracting me this time, but cinema.

Our town's local film festival is in full swing, and I have seen ~35 films since the last week of January. It seems to be taking a toll on my memory of game rules (and my day job)!

I'll fix up my previous post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.