Subject: Shadowing and Mystic Amulet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Sault Sainte Marie
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Why does mystic amulet trigger when someone shadows one of your mages? During our first game, we thought it was because of the wording on page 16 regarding shadowed mages. It says that the shadowed mage "copies the mage's ability" rather then the slots ability, but your clarification on the faq calls that interpretation into question.

Why does mystic amulet trigger then when someone shadows you? What is the benefit? I don't have the cards in front of me, but from memory the mystic amulet can trigger if someone shadows you or i believe targets you with a spell ability. (may be wrong about the second part.) It will then allow you to change assign the mage to another open slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arglor wrote:
Why does mystic amulet trigger when someone shadows one of your mages? During our first game, we thought it was because of the wording on page 16 regarding shadowed mages. It says that the shadowed mage "copies the mage's ability" rather then the slots ability, but your clarification on the faq calls that interpretation into question.

Why does mystic amulet trigger then when someone shadows you? What is the benefit? I don't have the cards in front of me, but from memory the mystic amulet can trigger if someone shadows you or i believe targets you with a spell ability. (may be wrong about the second part.) It will then allow you to change assign the mage to another open slot.

It's optional, of course. If someone Shadows you, you can move to another slot with that Mage if you want to (perhaps something else opened up or you got kicked out of a slot you were in with another Mage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.