Popular Tags: [View All]
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
i have question on the ability: Elusive.

Elusive (Can't be attacked.) - I launch an attack with my Ally (Elusive) to opponent Ally, will opponent Ally to return an attack as a defender and get my Ally (with Elusive) hit and damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules on attack/defend are kinda fuzzy but if you read them like this, I think it'll make sense:

During Combat, there is an attacker who ATTACKS and a defender who DEFENDS. Notice that how I wrote that the defender doesn't "attack" his attacker, but DEFENDS against him? That's the key.

In the case of Elusive, the rules state that the ally can't be ATTACKED. This only means an attacker can't attack that ally. A defender can DEFEND against someone with Elusive since the defender isn't attacking the attacker.

So, to answer your question, the attacker would deal their COMBAT DAMAGE to the defender, and the defender would deal their COMBAT DAMAGE to the attacker.

If you think of ATTACK and DEFEND in strict terms like this, it should help you clear up some of the vagueness in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks great. much clearer now.

Still waiting for the game to come, here in malaysia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Shimp
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also,

The allies with Elusive in my son's deck had an ATK of 0. Only had abilities on the card.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Norcott
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are creatures with elusive that have attack greater than 0, and the above is correct as far as defending, which would only happen in the case of protector as of now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the best way to think about the Elusive keyword:

Quote:
It simply means that a player cannot name an ally with Elusive as a defender in a combat proposal.

In all other ways, an ally with the Elusive keyword acts just like any other ally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.