2 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Variants

Subject: New mechanic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Edman
msg tools
Hejsan,
I have enjoyed dice masters quite a bit. Sometimes I do miss the bluffing moments that you can have in a card game though. To add that, I sometimes play with a 'Manipulation deck', a chance for the masterminds to get directly involved. Essentisally I have constructed a deck of cards that both players can draft from (for the cost of one or two energy depending on how much you want to speed things up). These cards can later be played during your turn and some during your opponents turn. It changes the meta quite a bit so it will not be for everyone (maybe only for a select few :-). Cards I include in my deck can look like:
- traitor, you can recruit a die from your opponent (need to pay)
- energy reserve, (1 wild energy)
- energy reserve, (2 generic energy)
- extra power, +2 in attack for one character
- force shield, +2 in defense for one character
- aggresive advance, draw 6 dice from you bag but no reroll
- under the radar, target level 1 character may not be blocked
- bribe, target character may not attack this turn
- power leak, no effect
- destiny, return the 4 dice to the bag and redraw
- countermeasures, cancel opponents manipulation card
- intervention, forcw opponent to reroll 1 die
- overreach, immediately take 2 damage
- sacrafice, remove 1 fielded character die from the game to get the energy that die cost
- nuclear strike, play three lightning to return all active characters to the bag,
- binding machinery, no character may use any powers this turn
- etc

For several cards I include multiples (like energy reserve) both to speed things up but also to have hidden energy to trigger global abilities (always a risk if opponent has a card in hand). Like I said it is probably not for everyone but I have had some fun with it
cheers
Karl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
01neo01
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
mb
I never thought about this kind of variant, but sounds very promising.
Any chance you could share your cards with us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.