Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Imran
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a P.I. sees a Doppleganger card as their first card, but that Doppleganger originally viewed the Werewolf, does the P.I become a werewolf?

I'm assuming since there's no way for him to know what he viewed, he can continue to look at a second card but I'm unclear as to whether the P.I is on the Werewolf team or the village team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd guess that he continues to look, but when it all shakes out he *is* a werewolf.

Gets even weirder if, after looking at the doppelganger, he looks at the tanner... >_>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imran
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
I'd guess that he continues to look, but when it all shakes out he *is* a werewolf.

Gets even weirder if, after looking at the doppelganger, he looks at the tanner... >_>

Yeah, that's really confusing. What would happen in that case? If he gets the most votes after seeing a Doppleganger-Werewolf then a Tanner, who wins?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea.

On the one hand, since the first card was technically a werewolf, he should never have viewed the tanner and become a tanner. So he's a werewolf.

On the other hand, since he did view the Tanner after he viewed the doppelganger, then that second viewing should override his short-lived bout of lycanthropy.

On the third hand, what sort of mutant are you that you have three hands?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imran
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh...should have read the rules before posting.

"If the PI sees the Doppelgänger that saw a Werewolf, he continues looking (he doesn't know what the Doppelgänger saw, and does not become what the Doppelgänger saw, even if the Doppelgänger saw a Werewolf or Tanner)".

So the PI would still be part of Team Village in this case, then if he sees a Tanner on his second look, he would be the Tanner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read rules? Who does that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.