Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
Played our 1st game last night(4p), and ran into the following situation:

The 2nd card drawn by my teammate was the other sides intel. He very wisely dumped it into the discard pile as soon as possible, leaving the other team to search through the entire red deck without hope of finding it until a reshuffle. Did we miss a rule, or is this an obvious strategy. It seems like it could really lengthen the game.

Also, we discarded face down, was this wrong?

If we played right, I think a power of one room needs to be searching the discard pile, maybe draw 2 and keep 1?

Next, if we both play the same card in a combat, say knife vs knife, we then discard that card into our own temporary discard pile and play another until there is a winner? This seems obvious, but isn't stated.

Edit: After rereading, it looks like this is just a tie. Then why do we need personal discard piles for combat items?

2nd edit: Maybe I was right the 1st time, and you only get a tie by using red cards to modify the result?

Lastly, some of our black backed cards are a different shade, almost grey. Is this a known production flaw, or should I be requesting replacement cards?

Edit: Maybe those were the guard cards?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
Played our 1st game last night(4p), and ran into the following situation:

The 2nd card drawn by my teammate was the other sides intel. He very wisely dumped it into the discard pile as soon as possible, leaving the other team to search through the entire red deck without hope of finding it until a reshuffle. Did we miss a rule, or is this an obvious strategy. It seems like it could really lengthen the game.

Also, we discarded face down, was this wrong?

All cards with a red back are discarded face up. Discarding an intel is actually a valid time delaying tactic. See here.
But what I don't get is why your friend discarded the enemy intel at all? This is the intel you need to escape with, not your own intel. Or do you mean the intel the other side needs?

BentlyCash wrote:

Next, if we both play the same card in a combat, say knife vs knife, we then discard that card into our own temporary discard pile and play another until there is a winner? This seems obvious, but isn't stated.

Edit: After rereading, it looks like this is just a tie. Then why do we need personal discard piles for combat items?

2nd edit: Maybe I was right the 1st time, and you only get a tie by using red cards to modify the result?

AFAIK you only play one attack card each. If they're the same, it's a tie. You need a personal discard pile because you get all your cards back after you've played the last and your attack deck might have more cards depending if you've used the armory or not. You also discard them face down so that the other players can't be sure what you have left.

BentlyCash wrote:

Lastly, some of our black backed cards are a different shade, almost grey. Is this a known production flaw, or should I be requesting replacement cards?

Edit: Maybe those were the guard cards?

Indeed, these are the 2 player guard cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm everything Niddi77 said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.