Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel S
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember the name of this game but it was something like "Scrimmage". Each side had 11 small cones that represented the players, with the eligible receiver players with white dots on the top. The ball was a different colored cone that was placed on top of the ball carrier's cone. The board was a grid configuration with some of the lines missing to create "lanes" where a player could move farther than one box at a time. Each box was equal to 1 yard. The object was to gain more yards than your opponent, with each player getting one chance to possess the ball.

Any ideas what this was called? I can't find it on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel, I'm 99 percent sure it was indeed called Scrimmage. I had that game as a kid, and I'm surprised I can't find it anywhere on BGG either. I search for it occasionally on eBay, but no luck so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel S
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure you're right about the name. I could kick myself for getting rid of the game way back when. Dang it!!

I'll keep searching too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools

So it's not this one?

Scrimmage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, unfortunately! The one we're thinking of had no luck element at all, as I recall, a straight-up abstract. The "players" were identical cones, and the board was a giant green field bearing a white grid with lots of long "breakaway" lanes. Orange and blue cones as I recall. That single play could take almost a half hour.

Even as a kid I remember thinking, "Hmmm, this doesn't really work," but dang it, I need to verify that now...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.