Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw they posted the final version of the revamped rules by Universal Head. Do they make the game more streamlined or playable? I know it has been a mess for a while, curious how they are improved.

Here is the link: http://www.greenbriergames.com/main/index.php/games/zpocalyp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Holley
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
51% DELICIOUS!
I'm curious as well. I never really had any trouble with the original rules, but I would like to know how these differ from the rules shipped in the original box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
stjase wrote:
I'm curious as well. I never really had any trouble with the original rules, but I would like to know how these differ from the rules shipped in the original box.

If you already know how to play not much. The major errata which was included with new rules is the movement change to yield symbols (2 movement cost instead of end move) otherwise the new rulebook has easier to read flow and better organized to instruct new players on how to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
zeeparkes wrote:
stjase wrote:

If you already know how to play not much. The major errata which was included with new rules is the movement change to yield symbols (2 movement cost instead of end move) otherwise the new rulebook has easier to read flow and better organized to instruct new players on how to play.

I've never played yet my copy sits untouched as the rules were a mess at first glance. The game seems really fiddly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. rules are not fiddly.
New rules are an easier read however.
The game just has a few different mechanics.
Just break each mechanic down separately,learn it then put it all together.
I use this style of learning for all games and its works just fine.
Learned ASL this way,arkham horror,tides of iron,starfleet battles etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anyway of getting a printed copy of the revised rules. I've finally picked up a copy of this, but the old rules are... cluttered, and it's hard to teach / learn a game when flicking around a PDF.

I saw they used to be on offer, but appear to have sold out now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last I heard they where out of stock. Don't know maybe they'll print more.

But imho just reading through the revised rules once should do the trick. The regular rulebook suffices after that. The rules aren't really that hard once you get them.
And there is only 1 rule different in the revised rulebook (what happens when a squad walks over a space with a yellow triangle, in the revised rukebook moving over a space like that takes 2 movement, in the original it stopped the move completely) so that's an easy one to remember.

Should any questions arise feel free to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found this unfortunately the $50 plus shipping puts a physical copy out of reach!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.