Horizonshard
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Daybreak Rules pg 14: Mission Cards and Activating Missions "character abilities and card abilities that affect skill checks do not affect skill checks on Mission Cards."

Does this mean Aaron Doral's drawback does not apply to Missions?

Can he put cards into the Mission skill check since his character ability affects missions and the above rule says that those abilities do not apply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
If you have fun, then even if you lose you still win!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didnt think it applied to character drawbacks. Just character abilities.

If that's the case, then Gaeta and Cally should be able to avoid their drawbacks for mission skillchecks as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drawbacks still apply, only the abilities (positive) can not be used.

(See the uFAQ or the Daybreak FAQ, I'm pretty sure you can find it from there. At least I remember seeing the answer confirmed by FFG.)

Besides, wrong forum, this should be in Daybreak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
If you have fun, then even if you lose you still win!
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Drawbacks still apply, only the abilities (positive) can not be used.

(See the uFAQ or the Daybreak FAQ, I'm pretty sure you can find it from there. At least I remember seeing the answer confirmed by FFG.)

That's correct, i've just found it:

Quote:

Q: Can Support the People or Character Abilities that don't affect the ability of a check be used on Missions?
A: (FAQ) No. Tim adds: No character abilities that interact with skill checks can be used while resolving the check on a Mission Card (except those negative abilities that restrict the number of cards that may be played, such as in the case of Gaeta, Cally, or Doral).

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Battlestar_Galactica_FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
I have a cunning plan that cannot fail.
mbmbmbmbmb
Horizonshard wrote:
Daybreak Rules pg 14: Mission Cards and Activating Missions "character abilities and card abilities that affect skill checks do not affect skill checks on Mission Cards."

Does this mean Aaron Doral's drawback does not apply to Missions?

Doral's drawback is specifically mentioned as applying in the very next paragraph of the rulebook, so yes, it applies.

Daybreak rulebook wrote:
Effects or abilities that limit the number of cards that a player may contribute to a skill check (such as being in the “Brig,” being a Cylon player, or Aaron Doral’s “Vanity” negative ability) do limit the number of cards a player may contribute to skill checks on Mission Cards.
(emphasis added)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.