Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: The Dragon add-on. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Þráinn Gunnlaugur Þorsteinsson
Iceland
Hafnarfjörður
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about adding the dragon to my pledge when the pledge manager opens but I just can't seem to find any info on what it will be used for (especially regarding the size, Jamie said 15 cm from head to tail).
Do we get a scenario for it? 1 or more? Does anything else come with it, maybe tiles or tokens?
I tried looking through the updates but hopefully somone can give me some answers. I've already gone waaay over my initial limit so I have to justify adding this also.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of skipping the non kickstarter exclusives also but after playing print n play I am picking the dragon and the rest up during pledge manager - it was that fun.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know for sure there's going to be at least one official scenario for the dragon. I also know for sure that there's going to be a hail of additional fan-made scenarios published in the game's purpose-made page.
Bear in mind that there's going to be a scenario design tool that will ensure all scenarios have the same professional look when you print them and (I really hope) their data will be downloaded to the iSKelos Android app.
thrainn wrote:
I've already gone waaay over my initial limit so I have to justify adding this also.

welcome to the club!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also tried to behave nice to my wallet. Overindulged (or got burned) on all Zombicides... but now I will probably get it all once the Pledgemanager goes online. Argh. Might have to sell the extra set of KS-exclusives I got from Zombicide S1.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grunherz wrote:
I know for sure there's going to be at least one official scenario for the dragon. I also know for sure that there's going to be a hail of additional fan-made scenarios published in the game's purpose-made page.
Bear in mind that there's going to be a scenario design tool that will ensure all scenarios have the same professional look when you print them and (I really hope) their data will be downloaded to the iSKelos Android app.
thrainn wrote:
I've already gone waaay over my initial limit so I have to justify adding this also.

welcome to the club!


I think this club is growing very fast... soblue
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I am aware, they will definitely have (at least) 1 scenario for each of the add-on/exclusive models/packs. Plus there may be more official ones that use them (I believe I may have read this as confirmed, somewhere) in the add-on Scenario Book (which requires the King Pledge), but I'm not 100% on this. I would also imagine that, aside from the scenario editor, they may include a mechanism for swapping figures/units into scenarios, but this is just my speculation and I've not heard anything about that from Monolith. As has also been mentioned, there is also the scenario editor which, I would imagine, would have options to include all the add-ons.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donato
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see which board could fit the dragon...

Pictisch village - no
Boat - no
Tavern - no
Citadel - no
Dungeon - no
Tower - no

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agentdonald wrote:
Let's see which board could fit the dragon...

Pictisch village - no
Boat - no
Tavern - no
Citadel - no
Dungeon - no
Tower - no



the fortress is an outdoor map if i remember.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Þráinn Gunnlaugur Þorsteinsson
Iceland
Hafnarfjörður
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Donato, yes this is what i've been wondering about. I feel like we need some more info on how this monster is supposed to work gameplay wise before buying it. How many zones will it take up? Is it going to be able to move across zones or stay in place the whole scenario? Is this going to collect dust on my shelve most of the time or what? etc.

I love everything that monolith has done during this campaign but regarding this big monster I think more info wouldn't be a bad thing seeing as it differs so much from everything else they have showed us.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thrainn wrote:
Donato, yes this is what i've been wondering about. I feel like we need some more info on how this monster is supposed to work gameplay wise before buying it. How many zones will it take up? Is it going to be able to move across zones or stay in place the whole scenario? Is this going to collect dust on my shelve most of the time or what? etc.

I love everything that monolith has done during this campaign but regarding this big monster I think more info wouldn't be a bad thing seeing as it differs so much from everything else they have showed us.

yeah would be interesting to know more about its mechanics.

agentdonald wrote:
Let's see which board could fit the dragon...

Pictisch village - no
Boat - no
Tavern - no
Citadel - no
Dungeon - no
Tower - no


that depends a bit on the rules for its usage, at least in the first two cases. Thematically speaking that's another question.


all in all, the dragon is for me the easiest case of "not now, maybe later" when deciding on addon stuff:
- price tag (without evaluation of price/product, just the number)
- non exclusive
- vague on usage details (rules, use cases)
- with Yogah of Sag the least needed thematically speaking (personal taste)
(without particular order)

In so far I am or more precise my wallet is thankful for that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but a dragon in a tavern sounds awesome....right?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donato
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:
but a dragon in a tavern sounds awesome....right?


I prefer a dragon captain on a pirate ship with a zombie crew.......
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:
but a dragon in a tavern sounds awesome....right?

paint the dragon green and call it the Green Dragon Inn, with at least one fantasy reference it has to be authentic.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Oddly, the dragon and extra dice seem to be the two things most pledgers will probably skip on.

Dice because they are already being supplied as extras, and the dragon because of the price and limited usage.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
volnon wrote:

Oddly, the dragon and extra dice seem to be the two things most pledgers will probably skip on.

Dice because they are already being supplied as extras, and the dragon because of the price and limited usage.


also Dragon isn't KS exclusive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:
volnon wrote:

Oddly, the dragon and extra dice seem to be the two things most pledgers will probably skip on.

Dice because they are already being supplied as extras, and the dragon because of the price and limited usage.


also Dragon isn't KS exclusive.


Exactly!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herschel Krustofski

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
I got it because... dragon. Why not? I didn't go whole hog into the game not to miss getting something. The fact that it's not a KS exclusive didn't phase me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
volnon wrote:

Oddly, the dragon and extra dice seem to be the two things most pledgers will probably skip on.

Dice because they are already being supplied as extras, and the dragon because of the price and limited usage.


I'm skipping it because I've got loads of dragons already, and it's a surprisingly underwhelming model to be honest.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dylan benton
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
asgorn wrote:
Belsamoreth wrote:
but a dragon in a tavern sounds awesome....right?

paint the dragon green and call it the Green Dragon Inn, with at least one fantasy reference it has to be authentic.


Paint it red and call it Red Dragon Inn. Let the drinking games ensue!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.