Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks like this is being held on 11 April in Glen Burnie, MD (close to Washington, DC). Anyone planning on attending?

While it's only 9 hours away from here, gonna have to roll a lot of crits to make it- not only will my wife be 8 months pregnant with baby #6 by then... but it's also our anniversary.

Anyone know how this works? Website's a little unclear. You play in the Qualifier for a ticket to the National Championship, but when/where is that being held? Official site also seems to indicate Glen Burnie, MD, but no details on date/time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lucretius galnodel
msg tools
I too would like some additional clarifications, especially since it is already less than two months away. Some details on the format would be nice as well.

Does anyone have insight as to how ST:AW championship has gone in the past (if they have had one)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe it's 120-LP, non-scenario ("open field") play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you getting this information, Jay?

It sounds great for me, since Glen Burnie is only about 60-90 minutes from me. Though April 11 wouldn't be my preferred date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's on the Events site here: http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/wizkids-nationals.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Events site has been updated with a detailed schedule, answers exactly what I was unsure about.

So Saturday 11 April is the Qualifier. 12 April, Sunday, is the Championship! Huzzah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a shame all the qualifiers and championships are at identical times. However if I do make it over there, I'm sorely tempted to just sy screw the Trek and go through the D&D tournament instead (even though I have a free seat in the STAW championship ;-) )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Kopacz
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured you would be tempted!

Where does your true heart lie? With the Federation or in Faerun?

I will be playing in the D&D attack wing qualifier and hopefully the national championship event.

Hope to see you all there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.