Subject: This Game Rules!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
To approach the Other in conversation is to welcome his expression, in which at each instant he overflows the idea a thought would carry away from it. It is therefore to receive from the Other beyond the capacity of the I...
mbmbmbmbmb
Think about it for a minute. Imagine you made a game out of flipping a coin or rolling a dice. Thats right that is all you did. Flip a coin again and again. Honestly even a 2 year old would get board. This game is functionally the same, since there is no real skill, but it does tell a story. A coin flip doesn't do that. There is excitement because it sustains who will win over the entire game, unless your getting trashed. It is some ways extremely clever, many games have little or no skill in them and still get played (axis and allies, risk, puerto rico...only kidding). Seriously though many silly games have virtually no real decisions to make, but they entertain through the story, or jokes or what ever. Candyland probably wasn't the first game to do this, but it sure is a classic. Hell I think I was still playing this when I was five or maybe six (I recall prefering the uncle wiggly game and battleship, but I could have battleship cause my parents were hippies).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jojo Conwell
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
hmmm....did you mean "but I could [not] have battleship cause my parents were hippies)"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still prefer the expansion: Run for your Life, Candyman!. The only thing that would make that better is playing with actual gingerbread men that you ate as they took damage...

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.